Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's your favorite band that most people have never heard of.

Featured Replies

I almost feel sorry for BOC, I am a fan of their music, but nowadays whenever anyone hears about them all anyone thinks about is more cowbell. :lol:

 

 

:lol::lol:

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Galactic

The String Cheese Incident

The Tommy Webb Band

 

80's All Starz

 

Get a load of these guys... I ran across this band at Disney World and it turns out that they're actually one heck of a cover band - complete with 80's attire and all:

 

 

 

(I just included this one because I was actually there)

Government Cheese

 

Have you been able to find any of their old albums (vinyl or otherwise) anywhere? I've been on the hunt for some of the old vinyl, cassettes or singles for years, with no luck. I sent an e-mail to Tommy Womack a few months back after finally getting a hold of a copy of his book "The Cheese Chronicles," and he told me they were looking into remastering the old albums and re-releasing them.

 

I've got Let it Be. What are your favorites by them?

 

Let It Be is a good place to start, and the last of the indie (TwinTone) releases. I would recommend, after that, in this order:

 

Tim (Sire)

Sorry Ma, Forgot To Take Out The Trash (TwinTone)

Pleased To Meet Me (Sire)

Hootenanny (TwinTone)

All Shook Down (Sire)

Don't Tell A Soul (Sire)

 

By alternating this way, you would get to dip into their indie years (which are more punk in their stylings, but a little bit of their country/folk leanings can be found), while the Sire releases have a bit cleaner production and tend to be more singer-songwriter confessional songs mixed in with straight-on rockers, but with some punk edginess as well.

Have you been able to find any of their old albums (vinyl or otherwise) anywhere? I've been on the hunt for some of the old vinyl, cassettes or singles for years, with no luck. I sent an e-mail to Tommy Womack a few months back after finally getting a hold of a copy of his book "The Cheese Chronicles," and he told me they were looking into remastering the old albums and re-releasing them.

 

 

 

 

Yes I did...:D I found on ebay about a month ago Three Chords,no waiting

and the EP Com'on back to bowling green and marry me/Vinyl...:D:thumb:

Long Duk Dong...

Have you been able to find any of their old albums (vinyl or otherwise) anywhere? I've been on the hunt for some of the old vinyl, cassettes or singles for years, with no luck. I sent an e-mail to Tommy Womack a few months back after finally getting a hold of a copy of his book "The Cheese Chronicles," and he told me they were looking into remastering the old albums and re-releasing them.

 

 

 

Let It Be is a good place to start, and the last of the indie (TwinTone) releases. I would recommend, after that, in this order:

 

Tim (Sire)

Sorry Ma, Forgot To Take Out The Trash (TwinTone)

Pleased To Meet Me (Sire)

Hootenanny (TwinTone)

All Shook Down (Sire)

Don't Tell A Soul (Sire)

 

By alternating this way, you would get to dip into their indie years (which are more punk in their stylings, but a little bit of their country/folk leanings can be found), while the Sire releases have a bit cleaner production and tend to be more singer-songwriter confessional songs mixed in with straight-on rockers, but with some punk edginess as well.

 

Thank you, Jim. It'll take a while but I'll make it a point to try to do just that.

Alright RTS, lay it on us!;)

 

One of my top 5 favorite bands.

It's really more of a drunk chic and me story. I had the same problem at a fairly recent Bob Seger concert. :creepy:

So I realized I forgot to mention a band called Wolf Parade. I don't know much about them, but they have a really good album called "Apologies to the Queen Mary". Thier demo version of the song 'Modern World' is even better than the album version, though. Some people may not dig the lead singer, but if you can get past that they have a really good sound IMO.

 

If I had to make a comparison I'd say they sound like a modern more upbeat version of Joy Division.

  • Author
From Autumn to Ashes

Rise Against

 

Neither especially underground, unknown bands... But nobody I talk to at work seems to know them and I get weird looks when I wear the tee shirts. :lol:

 

 

They're definitely a little to hardcore for most people.

From Autumn to Ashes

Rise Against

 

Neither especially underground, unknown bands... But nobody I talk to at work seems to know them and I get weird looks when I wear the tee shirts. :lol:

 

 

Same goes for me whenever I wear my TOOL tee's.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.