Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's your favorite band that most people have never heard of.

Featured Replies

Polaris

Buzzfly

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

 

Roger Drawdy & The Firestarters

Gaelic Storm

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you, Jim. It'll take a while but I'll make it a point to try to do just that.

 

I also forgot their excellent EP, "Stink," that should be purchased early in the game. It's also from the early years and highly recommended.

I don't know if it's the fact that this is a three year old thread and the bands listed here have had a chance to "make it big", or if I listen to too much music, or a combination of both, but I've heard of almost every single band posted on here, and heard the actual music of almost as many.

Some of the more obscure bands/musicians I listen to are:


  • Say Hi




  • (This guy will be huge on the country music scene if he ever gets discovered.)

I'm a big fan of Explosions in the Sky.

 

Friday Night Lights fans are all familiar with their music, whether they know it or not.

I'm a big fan of Explosions in the Sky.

 

Friday Night Lights fans are all familiar with their music, whether they know it or not.

 

If you like Explosions in the Sky, I'd definitely suggest giving Appleseed Cast a listen. Both are very reverb and rise/fall heavy post-rock bands. Appleseed Cast doesn't have quite so many instrumentals, but they definitely have more than the average band out there, as most post-rock groups do.

This lady was born in Lexington and now lives in Cincinnati. The Kelly Richey Band. She is the female version of Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Roger Drawdy & The Firestarters

Gaelic Storm

 

Have one of their CDs; bought it after watching them at the Celtic Festival in Cincinnati a few years back.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.