Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's your favorite band that most people have never heard of.

Featured Replies

Have you been able to find any of their old albums (vinyl or otherwise) anywhere? I've been on the hunt for some of the old vinyl, cassettes or singles for years, with no luck. I sent an e-mail to Tommy Womack a few months back after finally getting a hold of a copy of his book "The Cheese Chronicles," and he told me they were looking into remastering the old albums and re-releasing them.

 

 

 

 

Yes I did...:D I found on ebay about a month ago Three Chords,no waiting

and the EP Com'on back to bowling green and marry me/Vinyl...:D:thumb:

 

Sweet. I may need you to make a recording for me …

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Fratellis (Scottish punk-ish pop)

We Are Scientists is a band I recently discovered that I'm really liking.

  • Author
We Are Scientists is a band I recently discovered that I'm really liking.

 

Genre?

Holcomb-Local band, neighbor is the drummer but I love their music too, not just because my neighbor is in it.

 

He Is Legend- not sure where they are from but their singer has one of the most unique and probably the best screaming voices I have ever heard.

Genre?

 

I'd say they are just your run-of-the-mill upbeat, alternative rock. Kind of like the Strokes.

Holcomb-Local band, neighbor is the drummer but I love their music too, not just because my neighbor is in it.

 

He Is Legend- not sure where they are from but their singer has one of the most unique and probably the best screaming voices I have ever heard.

 

I believe that He is Legend is from Wilmington, North Carolina

Genre?

 

Rock/alternative/indie have all been used to describe them. Some of their albums are more straight up rock and roll while others are a little more... I hesitate to use the word "progressive" but with so many subgenres I'm getting confused. The song I'm listening to right now sounds like a much better version of Panic! At the Disco, while some of there other stuff sounds like VHS Or Beta or the New Pornographers. I suppose I could also compare them to The Killers, for a more mainstream comparison.

I'd say they are just your run-of-the-mill upbeat, alternative rock. Kind of like the Strokes.

 

Or that, too.:lol:

  • Author
Rock/alternative/indie have all been used to describe them. Some of their albums are more straight up rock and roll while others are a little more... I hesitate to use the word "progressive" but with so many subgenres I'm getting confused. The song I'm listening to right now sounds like a much better version of Panic! At the Disco, while some of there other stuff sounds like VHS Or Beta or the New Pornographers. I suppose I could also compare them to The Killers, for a more mainstream comparison.

 

Right down my alley. I'm downloading them right now.

Or that, too.:lol:

 

:lol: They aren't bad. I used to be big into that genre that you more appropriately describe, not my thing anymore, but they are a solid band. Run-of-the-mill wasn't entirely appropriate.

Ben Kweller

Down

The Raconteurs

Hank III

IMO a lot of people don't know these good bands:

 

Delorean Grey

EYESUPONUS

Kings of Leon

Old Crow Medicine Show

A Fine Frenzy

Eisley

Carbon Leaf

The Black Keys

Alexi Murdoch

Cute Is What We Aim For

The Decemberists

Sanctus Real

Kaiser Chiefs

The Features

matt pond PA

My Morning Jacket

Patrick Park

Ray LaMontagne

Spoon

Circle4

Waiting West

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.