Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's your favorite band that most people have never heard of.

Featured Replies

Scott Miller & The Commonwealth

 

Great, great songwriter...

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
:thumb: I've gotten into them recently and really like them.

 

I don't know how "unheard of" they are (they were unheard of to me, at least), but I've come to like Iggy and the Stooges.

 

I also like Spoon, Dispatch, the Drive by Truckers, Matisyahu, and Muse.

 

The General by Dispatch is one of my favorite songs. Don't really know a whole lot of other stuff by them though.

 

A buddy of mine is real into Matisyahu... his stuff is just not for me though...

Ben Kweller

Definetely bands I have neverrr heard of!

Good job!

Mine has to be Flaw. Mainly because their guitarist, Jason Daunt is a hometown boy. but also they have good music

One of my more "heard" unheard of bands that I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen mentioned is Bloc Party. Their first album, Silent Alarm, was amazing and one of my top favorite albums. Their followup, A Weekend in the City is not nearly as good but maybe I just haven't heard it enough.

And Here I Dreamt I was an Architect....

 

Good song... I haven't decided what's my favorite by them, but I have to throw a shout-out to O Valencia, The Chimbley Sweep, Infanta, and The Mariners Revenge song.

The Replacements were the greatest band of the '80s — yes, better than REM and U2, the only two bands who come close — and have had a major influence on countless bands/artists, yet most people know nothing of them.

 

I've got Let it Be. What are your favorites by them?

:thumb: I've gotten into them recently and really like them.

 

 

I don't get like this for any other band, but I am SO happy when I see people get into them. What have you heard?

Cut.Love.Kill

Government Cheese

Six Feet Under

Down

Corrosion of Conformity

Two somewhat mainstream bands that I would think people have heard of, but I still get people all the time who know nothing about them:

 

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

Polyphonic Spree

 

and as for a band out of left field:

 

Atari Teenage Riot

 

Maybe the first and only time I will hear the phrase "digital hardcore" to describe a brand of music.

One of my more "heard" unheard of bands that I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen mentioned is Bloc Party. Their first album, Silent Alarm, was amazing and one of my top favorite albums. Their followup, A Weekend in the City is not nearly as good but maybe I just haven't heard it enough.

Just like The Decemberists, Bloc Party is a band that I follow casually. I will admit that Helicopter is a great song to play on Guitar Hero.

Cross Canadian Ragweed

Reverend Peyton's Big "Dang" Band

The Nervous Wrecks

The Steel Drivers

The Intros, of course. :ylsuper:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.