Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's your favorite band that most people have never heard of.

Featured Replies

I haven't heard much of their stuff but the song "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster The People is getting heavy play by me.

 

Love that tune. Has a nice summer vibe to it.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love that tune. Has a nice summer vibe to it.
Probably the catchiest song about school shootings of all time.

 

Listening to the Dodgers radio broadcast right now and they just played it in between innings.

I was reffing the Special Olympics tourney two years ago and in pre-game introductions a player came out when his name was called and did a familiar dance move. During a break I commented that I liked his moves. He told me "yeah there was this guy that was a good singer and a really good dancer and he died a while ago. His name was Michael Jackson."

 

I chuckled at the innocence.

J Roddy Walston & The Business is highly entertaining.

Cef Michael Band they play at a lot of local bars and have opened for country bands at Riverbend they will open for Jason Alden in August.

I don't really like alot of music no one has ever heard of (though most of the stuff I like few of my friends like) but I would say Dying Fetus. Not my favorite band but I play them from time to time when I feel like I need to hear something really heavy.

Time to bring this one out of retirement.

 

I've been digging through some old Social Distortion tunes for the past hour. Good trip down memory lane. Not sure how it has come to pass that I've never bought any of Mike Ness and Company's stuff. I plan to remedy that soon. Any new ones to add to this? Many of the aforementioned groups/artists have become much better known since this thread's origination.

 

Since I've not had radio in my car for a few months, I've been on blackout from WFPK, which is my usual source for new music. However, I did hear a band Wednesday night called The Photographic who played several songs that I had heard before (although I wasn't necessarily familiar with the band by name), and am intrigued about getting some of their stuff. Newer band, but they have a very heavy Cure vibe to them.

Band of Horses has found their way back in to my rotation. 3 albums worth of material, and I never skip a song.

My favorite is The Forecast. I also love All Time Low and The Starting Line. For hip hop fans, I like Chiddy Bang- very catchy.

Band of Horses has found their way back in to my rotation. 3 albums worth of material, and I never skip a song.

 

They're supposed to have a new one out soon. I'm very much looking forward to that one.

Cody Canada & The Departed

Scott Miller & The Commonwealth

Jompson Brothers

The Sleeping Dogs

The Sleepin Dogs

They are playing at the Ft. Thomas Pub tonight.

 

FROM THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE...

On March 2nd, 2012, tornadoes ripped across our great state of Kentucky and damaged many houses and completely destroyed others. The damage and destruction stretched out over many states and although we cannot help every single person who was effected, each community can rise up and help out their own friends, families and neighbors who lost everything, and make the transition of life getting back to normal an easier one. Being that we have ties to 12-Mile and the Sts. Peter and Paul family, we've decided to help out the 7 families who lost everything on Friday. We will be having a benefit dance at the Fort Thomas Pub on Saturday, April 7th, starting at around 7pm. We know that this is Good Saturday and many will be attending church, but we urge you to stop by afterwards and be part of the night to show support for the families. We will be having raffles/silent auctions going on, we will have special one time only T-shirt that you will be able to buy and unique things like that going on all night.

 

We will also have an area set up so that if you have anything else besides money that you would like to donate, you will be able to.

 

100% of the profit we make that night will be divided up amongst the 7 families to help give them a boost in the positive direction. The Sleepin' Dogs will take the stage somewhere between 9:30 and 10 and will play until 1:30.

 

for all of you that have great memories of springbreak trips

 

for all of you that have great memories of springbreak trips

 

Corey Smith is really good. I'd also recommend checking out his song 21. Now that I'm 37 I can really identify with it. I also really like Maybe Next Year and Backroad.

Corey Smith is really good. I'd also recommend checking out his song 21. Now that I'm 37 I can really identify with it. I also really like Maybe Next Year and Backroad.

 

He also puts on a good live show as well. Saw him for the first time this winter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.