Shelby Valley 62 Raceland 51

Congrats to Shelby Valley, I knew that this one would be a tough one for the Rams and was hoping that they could pull it out at home.

Rams.......on to the season finale' at home on Tuesday night vs. Boyd Co. :ylsuper:, your last game in "The Palace" seniors, make it a good one. :thumb:

This may be off topic but I felt this is a good place to relate the events of a basketball game between two very fine schools and athletic programs. This was a hard played game and the winner earned the victory.

A friend of mine once said “as long as there are tests in school there will be prayer in schools”.

It is nice to see a school system that will still allow prayer before a sports event as was witnessed before the game with Shelby Valley at Raceland on Saturday. I was told of a mom that purposely, at half time, came from the Shelby Valley side of the gym to thank the gentleman for offering up a prayer for the safety of the players; as well as for traveling to and from the game. This prayer happened just before the singing of the National Anthem.

We as a country may be getting away from why God Blessed America and the honor that this country has stood for. When our schools can give our young people a respect for God and country, a well grounded education and an opportunity to participate in a respectable sporting event, then we will have won a great victory as a nation.

This may be off topic but I felt this is a good place to relate the events of a basketball game between two very fine schools and athletic programs. This was a hard played game and the winner earned the victory.

A friend of mine once said “as long as there are tests in school there will be prayer in schools”.

It is nice to see a school system that will still allow prayer before a sports event as was witnessed before the game with Shelby Valley at Raceland on Saturday. I was told of a mom that purposely, at half time, came from the Shelby Valley side of the gym to thank the gentleman for offering up a prayer for the safety of the players; as well as for traveling to and from the game. This prayer happened just before the singing of the National Anthem.

We as a country may be getting away from why God Blessed America and the honor that this country has stood for. When our schools can give our young people a respect for God and country, a well grounded education and an opportunity to participate in a respectable sporting event, then we will have won a great victory as a nation.

This post as far as I am concerend would never be off topic LMT, GREAT POST!!:thumb:.

From a Raceland fan I thank you and I certainly agree that his should be the norm everywhere for any event.

Also, welcome to BGP LMT63, you certainly have started out with a fine post.

Thanks for the kind comments about Raceland. At Raceland there is a prayer before every athletic event - football, basketball, baseball. I don't know of another school in the area that still does this. I have been told by other schools that they are afraid of a lawsuit, that is why they quit praying before games. But, I can tell you right now, we have never had a complaint from anyone about the pre-contest prayer. However, we have had several people thank us for doing it.

Thanks for the kind comments about Raceland. At Raceland there is a prayer before every athletic event - football, basketball, baseball. I don't know of another school in the area that still does this. I have been told by other schools that they are afraid of a lawsuit, that is why they quit praying before games. But, I can tell you right now, we have never had a complaint from anyone about the pre-contest prayer. However, we have had several people thank us for doing it.

:thumb: I have never hear any complaints either, usually a thank you like you said. I am also proud to be an alum/fan of a school system that is not afraid of all of the "politically correct" crew that wants to control everything. :thumb:

I wish we could see this more often, congrats to Raceland.