NCC 47 Holmes 46

1. NCC is slow.

2. Holmes is #1

3. High school boys are unpredictable.

4. The 9th is going to be fun to watch Holmes dominate!!! :thumb: :laugh:

Don't be overconfident turbo, as you can see what it can do. I too root for Holmes as I have a cousin who coaches there, but give the other team a little more credit. Holmes is still the #1 team, but as all teams do, they just had an off nght tonight and got beat.

It's better now than later. One thing's for sure, I don't see them losing another game in nky. This game will fire the players up as now they will have to hear about how good they really aren't and that they're overrated. Henley will get his young men back in the right state of mind and geared up for districts, region, AND state.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're Coach Henley, you MUST be concerned about your team's penchant for getting into large deficits against quality teams. Their talent has allowed them to overcome that in at least 2 games but can you count on it?

You learn more from a loss than you do a win. When you lose, you can watch the film and see where your weaknesses are and correct them. I don't think Henley is that worried or concerned. If anything, he's concerned about his team getting a big head. Holmes hands down has the best talent. A loss can show the talent though that hard work will beat out talent any day, which Im sure Henley will be stressing these next couple weeks and referring back to this game.

If you're Coach Henley, you MUST be concerned about your team's penchant for getting into large deficits against quality teams. Their talent has allowed them to overcome that in at least 2 games but can you count on it?

I don't think they can count on talent alone.I think they have to depend on there defense, because it has been the only constant thing all year.In a half court game they go through scoring droughts.

Don't be overconfident turbo, as you can see what it can do. I too root for Holmes as I have a cousin who coaches there, but give the other team a little more credit. Holmes is still the #1 team, but as all teams do, they just had an off nght tonight and got beat.

It's better now than later. One thing's for sure, I don't see them losing another game in nky. This game will fire the players up as now they will have to hear about how good they really aren't and that they're overrated. Henley will get his young men back in the right state of mind and geared up for districts, region, AND state.

Eta I am very very confident, seen these boys play all they're high school playing days. I have seen most of players in all of 9th region the past few years. The Dawgs will have a meltdown or two, but I think this one hurt!!! I saw it in their eye's going off the court. Promise you Eta they will go off the rest of the year!!! :scared:

Eta I am very very confident, seen these boys play all they're high school playing days. I have seen most of players in all of 9th region the past few years. The Dawgs will have a meltdown or two, but I think this one hurt!!! I saw it in their eye's going off the court. Promise you Eta they will go off the rest of the year!!! :scared:

I beleive the same thing .The Bulldogs effort level will go up.It seems they play wit more passion for the game, than last years team. Holmes kids did not want this loss. It looked like it left a bad taste in thier mouth. I think this is the fire we needed.:flame:

It seemed the unselfish play that has helped them offensively all season wasn't there tonight. Credit to the NCC defense for frustrating them all night. They changed defenses frequently which helps to slow down Holmes.

The defense wasn't there tonight as it has been in the past. NCC ran a lot of screens down low and Holmes defenders got lost which lead to several baskets from the paint. Excellent rebounding by NCC led to 2nd and 3rd chance points.

Avery didn't have a good game which compounded the offensive frustration.

Philosophically, it appeared the Bulldogs were playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

NCC coaches had a great game plan and it was executed well by their players.

NCC blocked out very well tonight and didn't let Holmes get second and third shots like they normally do...I'll tell you what I really like the Pangallo kid..I didn't realize how fast he is with the ball in his hand..He is going to be a good player for the next few years..I hope the Birds don't try and overlook the Breds....:D:D

If I'm Boone County I'm taking some notes on what NCC's approach to this game was. Sure, they're not carbon copy teams of each other, but they both have a big man, nice guard play, and pretty decent 3-ball shooting. NCC obviously entered the game with a good offensive/defensive plan, Boone obviously did not. If they are to meet again in the Regionals, the Rebels have got to have a different approach or they'll end up with the same 'blow out' results. Remember, NCC did it also with not that big of a bench against the biggest bench in the 9th. Good job Breds! :thumb:

I'm no 9th Region expert, but this one came from out of the blue. Great win for NCC.

1. Should be a great motivator for Holmes the rest of the way.

2. If I'm a coach in the 9th, I'm telling and showing my team - here's how it's done.

Eating Pizza rolls, Dawgs will go to state NCC will not make it out of districts.

Man, you've gotta be making friends and fans on here with every post. :laugh:

Eat a little crow once in a while. In the meantime, slow down the turbo some, you are almost giving me one team to root against in the Ninth Region tourny.

Deja vu all over again. In 1980 a talented Holmes team was poised to run the table and not lose to any northern Kentucky team, and a mediocre NewCath team jumped up and beat the Dicky Beal led team at home. It turned out okay (that turned out to be Holmes' only northern Kentucky loss that year and they cruised the rest of the way all the way to the state semi-finals), but this shows they do something right up on the hill getting ready to play Holmes.

Lots of ways to look at this one without having seen the game.

1. NCC is underrated.

2. Holmes is not the clear cut #1 as close games with CCH, HHS, and now NCC have shown.

4. The 9th is going to be fun.

Good points. Holmes has had their way with the 9th for most of the season but there have been some close calls.

Running the table is very very difficult to do in the 9th Region.

1. NCC is slow.

2. Holmes is #1

4. The 9th is going to be fun to watch Holmes dominate!!! :thumb: :laugh:

I hope Holmes can win the region, but it is going to be much tougher than you realize.

Give NCC and their staff a bunch of credit, they had a great game plan and they executed it.

I am not a big believer in a "good loss", but sometimes you may see some warning signs and the message doesn't get trough until you get beat. You can point out mistakes a player or team makes but in the end, all they may see is that they won, and they have continued to win, so why change.

Deja vu all over again. In 1980 a talented Holmes team was poised to run the table and not lose to any northern Kentucky team, and a mediocre NewCath team jumped up and beat the Dicky Beal led team at home. It turned out okay (that turned out to be Holmes' only northern Kentucky loss that year and they cruised the rest of the way all the way to the state semi-finals), but this shows they do something right up on the hill getting ready to play Holmes.

I was at that game. That NCC win came out of nowhere. I believe that NCC team had a set of twins on their team that were pretty solid players.