NCC 47 Holmes 46

Feb 10, 1998 @ Holmes NCC beats Holmes 65-62

Jan 7, 2000 @ Holmes NCC beats Holmes 48-35 (Ronnie Dawn goes off)

Mar 11, 2000 @ Ryle NCC beats Holmes 52-38 (Ronnie Dawn goes off)

Feb 13, 2001 @ NCC NCC beats Holmes 76-48 (Ronnie Dawn goes off)

Feb 16, 2004 @ NCC NCC beats Holmes 50-48 (Mark Krebs goes off)

Feb 15, 2005 @ Holmes NCC beats Holmes 61-51 (Mark Krebs goes off)

Feb 14, 2006 @ NCC NCC beats Holmes 58-55 (Refs call bad game)

Feb 14, 2008 @ NCC NCC beats Holmes 47-46

Holmes wins in '99, '02, '03, & '07 (The '07 game, NCC plays without injured big man and Louisville Cardinals football player Zack Kiernan)

I honestly don't know if Dawn really went off in all 3 of those games. I just thought that it sounded good. :D He must've in at least one of them. I do know that Krebs did have great games in his meetings with the Bulldogs.

It appears that Valentines Day is not always sweet for the Dawgs.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feb 10, 1998 @ Holmes NCC beats Holmes 65-62

Jan 7, 2000 @ Holmes NCC beats Holmes 48-35 (Ronnie Dawn goes off)

Mar 11, 2000 @ Ryle NCC beats Holmes 52-38 (Ronnie Dawn goes off)

Feb 13, 2001 @ NCC NCC beats Holmes 76-48 (Ronnie Dawn goes off)

Feb 16, 2004 @ NCC NCC beats Holmes 50-48 (Mark Krebs goes off)

Feb 15, 2005 @ Holmes NCC beats Holmes 61-51 (Mark Krebs goes off)

Feb 14, 2006 @ NCC NCC beats Holmes 58-55 (Refs call bad game)

Feb 14, 2008 @ NCC NCC beats Holmes 47-46

Holmes wins in '99, '02, '03, & '07 (The '07 game, NCC plays without injured big man and Louisville Cardinals football player Zack Kiernan)

I honestly don't know if Dawn really went off in all 3 of those games. I just thought that it sounded good. :D He must've in at least one of them. I do know that Krebs did have great games in his meetings with the Bulldogs.

It appears that Valentines Day is not always sweet for the Dawgs.

Holmes beat NCC with Keirnan in second round of region last year.

Congrats to the Breds for a great gameplan I am sure. They were at the Highlands/Holmes game scouting and I am sure they realized slowing it down and playing zone was their only hope. Did they do this?

I heard from a girl that was at the game, she said Holmes played sloppy but NCC probably had something to do with that as well. Good Job Breds.

Holmes beat NCC with Keirnan in second round of region last year.

Thank you. You are indeed correct about that. Holmes wins 59-44 in the 2007 Regional Tourney

Instead of NCC winning 8 of the last 12 meetings like I had first thought, NCC has won 8 of the last 13.

Congrats to the Breds for a great gameplan I am sure. They were at the Highlands/Holmes game scouting and I am sure they realized slowing it down and playing zone was their only hope. Did they do this?

I heard from a girl that was at the game, she said Holmes played sloppy but NCC probably had something to do with that as well. Good Job Breds.

They played alot of man and match up zone....Holmes did play really bad, but NCC had something to do with that for sure.. It looked like they just showed up and thought they could win..I think the only lead Holmes had was at 2-0...

No such thing is a good loss however, if you are going to have one now is the time not during the tournament. CONGRATS to NCC for the win and great momentum going into the tournament. I still feel Holmes by far is the #1 in the Ninth however, things happen and there are enough good team's to knock them off. It is Holmes against everyone else. Good luck to all team's as the tournament season is upon us. Again CONGRATS NCC I did not see this happening. JD

They played alot of man and match up zone....Holmes did play really bad, but NCC had something to do with that for sure.. It looked like they just showed up and thought they could win..I think the only lead Holmes had was at 2-0...

NCC played a tough man to man the entire game. Holmes surprised me with so much one on one offence when down in the 4th quarter.

It seemed the unselfish play that has helped them offensively all season wasn't there tonight. Credit to the NCC defense for frustrating them all night. They changed defenses frequently which helps to slow down Holmes.

The defense wasn't there tonight as it has been in the past. NCC ran a lot of screens down low and Holmes defenders got lost which lead to several baskets from the paint. Excellent rebounding by NCC led to 2nd and 3rd chance points.

Avery didn't have a good game which compounded the offensive frustration.

Philosophically, it appeared the Bulldogs were playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

NCC coaches had a great game plan and it was executed well by their players.

As I've said before, Holmes is not unbeatable, especially when the opposing coach is smart! Their defense is great, but they are vulnerable offensively. I said the same thing when Holmes played Boone. If Boone had set more screens, it might be a different story. I was at the Boone game, and despite what others say, they tried to set very few screens. I'm curious how much of the time NCC sat in a zone. I still think a good dose of zone defense is a good way to limit Holmes' scoring opportunities.

If I'm Boone County I'm taking some notes on what NCC's approach to this game was. Sure, they're not carbon copy teams of each other, but they both have a big man, nice guard play, and pretty decent 3-ball shooting. NCC obviously entered the game with a good offensive/defensive plan, Boone obviously did not. If they are to meet again in the Regionals, the Rebels have got to have a different approach or they'll end up with the same 'blow out' results. Remember, NCC did it also with not that big of a bench against the biggest bench in the 9th. Good job Breds! :thumb:

Exactly!!! Boone is just as capable of upsetting Holmes as NCC if they have the right offensive/defensive plan.

Wonder if we will hear from Red Devils questioning the coaching? :)

I was wondering the same thing! This team has now beat Trinity, North College Hill and Holmes.

All three of those games they were completely outmanned. You can not possibly tell me that a bad coaching staff could pull off wins like that.

Great job! :thumb:

For some reason this team plays to the level of it's competition, thats why in the prediction thread where everyone was picking Holmes by 20 I said to wait and look at the way this team has played all year. I knew it would be close but even I didn't think they could pull it off!

Been a rough few sports days for me, I needed this! :D

:lol:

This proves to eta_rho, turboennis, and others, that the "mighty" Holmes is not unbeatable, even by NKY teams, with the right coaching against them. I seem to remember seeing the opionion that Holmes was going to run the table and enter the state at 32-1 and a few select people comparing them to the best 9th region teams ever. Perhaps some posters on the board have already lost some of their credibility? Hopefully, the Holmes players have more humility than some of their comically overconfident supporters.

I still view Holmes is the favorite, but they are beatable by several NKY teams, including Boone! I guess some posters will get another big helping of crow if Holmes doesn't win the 9th. :lol:

Wait no longer! Winning one big game a month and losing 4 games you should have won, does not make you a good coach. It shows that with consistant coaching they should compete and win more.

Not get beat by Newport by 20.

The new offense is working but shows he has no clue what game plan he had going into the season.

All said great win for the school and players. They are great players and there dads should be proud sitting next to them.