Greatest play in Super Bowl history

Is it the play where Eli got out of two defenders grasp, threw the ball up and the Giants' WR came down with it trapped against his helmet?

Name the one you think is the greatest ever.

they showed the catch about 8 times, and I don't think I've ever seen a better one, especially under that much pressure, factor in Eli's making the play to make "the play: possible, I really don't know how it's not the best over all Super Bowl play ever.

Two players that never gave up on each other.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Bowl VII, Dolphin Kicker Garo Yepremian get his field goal blocked then picks up blocked ball and tries to throw a pass that goes backward and is batted around until Washington Redskin Mike Bass graps it in the air and takes it to the house.

I agree...the escape, the throw, and then the catch, easily seperates from all the rest...IMO

Exactly, dodging and escaping multiple defenders, wow ELI AMAZING, then to have the ability to make a throw after avoiding a disaster, into triple coverage. Then to make one of not the luckiest but actually heads up best catches ever, as he secured the ball with both hands actually. I just dunno how that PLAY can be beat.:thumb:

Too many to choose from but I still like the Lynn Swann jumping over top of the guy to catch the ball.

Super Bowl X.

Lynn Swann makes the catch some 53 yards downfield while falling down over the top of a defending Cowboy.

Final Score was 21-17 Pittsburgh.

I think last nights ranks right up there with Swanns but I don't know about surpassing because he also caught one in Super Bowl X where he started out in the air seemingly out of bounds and adjusted, caught the ball and got both feet back in bounds. I think he had 4 catches for about 161 yards.

Super Bowl X.

Lynn Swann makes the catch some 53 yards downfield while falling down over the top of a defending Cowboy.

I think last nights ranks right up there with Swanns but I don't know about surpassing because he also caught one in Super Bowl X where he started out in the air seemingly out of bounds and adjusted, caught the ball and got both feet back in bounds. I think he had 4 catches for about 161 yards.

Swann's catch was great...But this was the best "play". Again, the scramble, throw, and catch. Had Eli just droped back and threw the ball we would probably be saying great catch, but the escape makes it the best play ever. IMO

Super Bowl X.

That wasn't on a game winning drive was it?