Last 11 seconds...

UNLESS you are playing in the state tournament at Diddle or Rupp Arena. Then I would do it and let their names get into the record as having played in a state tournament.

:thumb: That I do agree with. There are a couple of other instances as well, that I could see it being ok that people have mentioned on here. Like if someone had a great game, and want to take them out so they get the round of applause they deserve. Or if it is a senior at the end of a game, at their last game ever. I could see putting someone in for them, so that senior could also walk off the court to a nice round of applause. But in all other cases, I would not do it at all...:thumb:

I know I am totally against coaches doing this. Because as you said, it more embarrasing for the kid for the coach to put them in for really anytime under a minute. I mean maybe the coaches think they are doing a nice thing by doing it, but they really are not.

100% in agreement with you. As one who got put in with 5 seconds left in a JV game many moons ago, I can say I would rather have not gotten in at all .

100% in agreement with you. As one who got put in with 5 seconds left in a JV game many moons ago, I can say I would rather have not gotten in at all .

I know I had a coach my freshman year actually call a timeout with 27 seconds to go, just to put me and this other player in. I know I was pretty angry at the time, and really had thought about saying no and just sitting there instead of just taking one trip down the court. I know quite a few people who feel this same way.

Maybe it was a pride issue, but I know when I played I was a senior

who scored over 1,000 points. It was late in the year and I had suffered a concussion and wasn't feeling very good (but wanted to play). There was 4.8 seconds left in the game and my coach called for me to go in. I thought if he wanted me on the floor, he would have put me in earlier than now.....

and ever since that day, even if it was a starter or a bench player, I will not ever put a player in if they can't do something to contribute. If it is substituting out a player for a great game, I will go with a player that has already been in or something like that. But I am not a fan of someone being put in for meaningless seconds......but that is just me. Sounds like some agree, and others have some very valid points!

Thanks!!!! (keep going with the discussion...)