8 Estill County

9 Buckhorn

10 Wolfe County

Not a bad post. but heres a better one.

1. Hazard - Big Al...really all I need to say

2. JBS - Well, basically there loaded

3. KCC - Just playing teams to death, this team will knock some teams off

4. LCC - With Banks back this team will be a suprise

5. Buckhorn - I don't care if they are 1-7 look at there schedule. It will pay dividends come late feb early march.

6. Breathitt County - Still waiting on football players to get basketball legs. Will move up by late Jan.

7. Estill County - by far the favorite in the 56th and on a good night can shoot a team right out of the gym.

8. Lee County - There young, but explosive.

9. Cordia - A solid team. capable of playing with anyone.

10. Jackson City - Another team that can shoot themselves in or out of a game.

11. Wolfe Co. - Playing well early, but I predict them fading late

12. PCC - The worst team PCC has put on the court in years.

13. Powell County - Struggling early but should get better as the season progresses

14. Jenkins - Puckett makes this team capable of beating anyone 13-17

15. Owsley County - Lack of consistency still continues to make it hard for the Owls to win.

16. Leslie County - Things are real bad in Hyden.

17. Riverside - Lack of kids. Thanks to Piarist, Riverside will never go winless.

Just my opinion. It could be way off.

Cordia is ranked 4th by one BGP'er and 9th by another BGP'er. They are coming up to the Gateway Tournament at Montgomery Co. this week. What are they packing?

I think there capable of knocking off anyone in the 14th on a given night. They have a real nice guard in Zach Hurt and my understanding they have some size

Taylor is a beast on the inside. Not sure of his size, but he plays much bigger. He will bang with anyone on the inside on either side of the court. Hurt is by far one of the best players in the region. Can score from the outside and can beat you off of the dribble. Very nice team. They have one other player that is pretty good but his name escapes me at the time. Coach Honeycutt has done a good job with this team.

Not a bad post. but heres a better one.

1. Hazard - Big Al...really all I need to say

2. JBS - Well, basically there loaded

3. KCC - Just playing teams to death, this team will knock some teams off

4. LCC - With Banks back this team will be a suprise

5. Buckhorn - I don't care if they are 1-7 look at there schedule. It will pay dividends come late feb early march.

6. Breathitt County - Still waiting on football players to get basketball legs. Will move up by late Jan.

7. Estill County - by far the favorite in the 56th and on a good night can shoot a team right out of the gym.

8. Lee County - There young, but explosive.

9. Cordia - A solid team. capable of playing with anyone.

10. Jackson City - Another team that can shoot themselves in or out of a game.

11. Wolfe Co. - Playing well early, but I predict them fading late

12. PCC - The worst team PCC has put on the court in years.

13. Powell County - Struggling early but should get better as the season progresses

14. Jenkins - Puckett makes this team capable of beating anyone 13-17

15. Owsley County - Lack of consistency still continues to make it hard for the Owls to win.

16. Leslie County - Things are real bad in Hyden.

17. Riverside - Lack of kids. Thanks to Piarist, Riverside will never go winless.

Just my opinion. It could be way off.

All ratings and predictions are just opinions, and they are fun to do and lead to debate/discussion. My big difference with yours, though, is the top two teams. IMO JBS has to be # 1. They have everyone back from last year, and are the defending 14th region champs. Hazard is good this year, and may very well knock them off in the tournament, but until they do JBS has to be # 1.

I think ranking the 14 region teams accurately this early in the season is somewhat unrealistic. JBS and Hazard no doubt belong at the top. Riverside and probably Leslie are probably at the bottom. The other teams can't be ranked with any real degree of accuracy until more of these teams play one another! Buckhorn, Letcher, Estill, Knott, Cordia, Lee ,Powell, Breathitt and Wolfe seem to be doing pretty well and could Possibly climb higher as the season progresses.

I think ranking the 14 region teams accurately this early in the season is somewhat unrealistic. JBS and Hazard no doubt belong at the top. Riverside and probably Leslie are probably at the bottom. The other teams can't be ranked with any real degree of accuracy until more of these teams play one another! Buckhorn, Letcher, Estill, Knott, Cordia, Lee ,Powell, Breathitt and Wolfe seem to be doing pretty well and could Possibly climb higher as the season progresses.

I somewhat agree. Basicly I think there's only two teams with a realistic chance to win the region, June Buchanan and Hazard. The rest of the region will have to settle with getting a reward of making it to the regional tournament or winning a district championship.

I think we all pretty much agree that barring a complete catastrophe - it will be JBS vs. Hazard with a spot as sacrificial lamb at Rupp on the line.

Correct...but the big game could be in the semifinals instead of the finals, according to the draw. But regardless of when the game is played, it is the championship game.