P.L. Dunbar 71 Somerset 64

The second game of Friday's Somerset National Bank/FCA Classic was very entertaining to watch. Somerset scored more points in the first 15 seconds of the game than Frankfort did in the first half against Dunbar in their last game. Ultimately, the Bulldogs had too much athleticism and speed, causing too many Somerset turnovers and easy points on their end. Deon Johnson led the way for Dunbar with 30. He was hitting from all over the court tonight and looked very impressive. Somerset played without John Cole, as I heard something about him being at Stanford? Anyway, I think Somerset will be one of the top teams in the 12th, as they've got some nice size and good senior leadership. I was extremely impressed with the play of Tyler Bourne, who had 27. He's got good size (maybe 6'5'') and a pretty jump shot. He's also very competitive but still collected on the court. I would say he is a prime target for several of the smaller state schools.

The second game of Friday's Somerset National Bank/FCA Classic was very entertaining to watch. Somerset scored more points in the first 15 seconds of the game than Frankfort did in the first half against Dunbar in their last game. Ultimately, the Bulldogs had too much athleticism and speed, causing too many Somerset turnovers and easy points on their end. Deon Johnson led the way for Dunbar with 30. He was hitting from all over the court tonight and looked very impressive. Somerset played without John Cole, as I heard something about him being at Stanford? Anyway, I think Somerset will be one of the top teams in the 12th, as they've got some nice size and good senior leadership. I was extremely impressed with the play of Tyler Bourne, who had 27. He's got good size (maybe 6'5'') and a pretty jump shot. He's also very competitive but still collected on the court. I would say he is a prime target for several of the smaller state schools.

Cole may have been at Stanford but I didn't think he was going to play at all this season. Did he change his mind?

Cole may have been at Stanford but I didn't think he was going to play at all this season. Did he change his mind?

He was initially listed on the roster, but was scratched out when it was learned he wasn't there tonight. So from that I would assume he still is playing this season.

Can anyone in the 12th keep Somerset from winning it all in March?

Seems like Somerset keeps Somerset from winning it all every March.

Also I think there are a handful of teams in the region that can stop Somerset, Somerset is certainly in the mix but they are far from head and shoulders better than everyone else.

John Cole decided months ago he would not be playing basketball this year. He will concentrate on football future. I wish everyone else would concentrate on the players that are on the roster for Somerset and have been working and practicing to better their team for months and give them the respect they deserve. The Jumpers looked good last night and will only improve as the season continues.

John Cole decided months ago he would not be playing basketball this year. He will concentrate on football future. I wish everyone else would concentrate on the players that are on the roster for Somerset and have been working and practicing to better their team for months and give them the respect they deserve. The Jumpers looked good last night and will only improve as the season continues.

Bourne and Price are the real deal. They might need Cole for outside shooting after night last perforance.

Somerset had their football players for practice just a couple of days. They did well for this length of time. Somerset had lots of turnovers which cost them the game, Dunbar caused several of them, but unforced turnovers hurt them quite a bit. After a few weeks of practice with their full team they should reduce them considerably. Actually Somerset is already ahead of their best games they played last year. Tyler Bourne played a solid game offensively and on defense. The rest of Somerset's team also played well, if turnovers were reduced a win was possible against a good Dunbar team.

I think the Jumpers will be in the mix for the region regardless of who comes over from football and who doesn't. This could be as athletic a group as we have had in a while with some nice size. These Jumpers could jell into a formidable defensive unit but only time will tell.

I think the Jumpers will be in the mix for the region regardless of who comes over from football and who doesn't. This could be as athletic a group as we have had in a while with some nice size. These Jumpers could jell into a formidable defensive unit but only time will tell.

And that great defensive unit was able to hold #17th ranked Owensburo to just over 50 points for the game to pull out an impressive win tonight following the Dunbar game.

Somerset's team looked more aggressive than in year's past. Look out, they actually played man to man "D" and did fairly well. The scarey team that came back on Dunbar in the 4th period included Bourne, Wallen, Price, Coomer, & Megargel... 6'5", 6'3", 6'3", 6'3" & 6'4" respectively....and VERY strong physically & athletic. They actually looked like they handled the ball better at that point because they played within their limits. 2 of the 5 practiced only twice since football. Look out 12th, if this bunch stays and plays together as a team they will be tough.

They have a pretty strong bench as well. The starters included Fitzpatrick & Dockery...2 quick and aggressive guards. From the bench they have Hughes, Waddle, Kelly & soon to be Shoemaker who isn't bad and very athletic (6'3") and are all seniors. Dockery is a junior.

The Maroons, Rebels, Rockets and Warriors will have their hands full to beat these guys.