Newport Central Catholic 31 DeSales 3

mexitucky

DeSales looked good in the first quarter, could not score on some good plays. Failed to score on the 1 yard line. DeSales ran the ball well in the first quarter, but the momentum slowly shifted to the Breds. NCC totally dominated the second half shutting down DeSales offense. The quarterback from NCC, who I hear is only a Junior, was very impressive. I honestly thought it was going to be a closer scoring game. It certainly seemed like from the start it was going to be and seemed both teams were well matched. However, in the second half that was proven wrong. DeSales was simply outmatched and could not muster a drive for a touchdown. NCC is certainly a class program of a bunch of well coached kids that's full of talent. DeSales could not have lost to a better team. Good luck Saturday and may you guys pull out another championship victory.

Disaster first half again for Newcath.

Stopped DeSales 3 and out and then promptly fumbled on a 4th and 1 just past midfield.

DeSales would move the ball well in the first half but did miss a short field goal with the score 3-3.

NewCath fumbled 3 times and threw 1 INT in the first half. Fumbled on the 2 just near the end of the first half tied at 3. Stopped DeSales and returned the punt to the Desales 30 yard line with a 1:11 left and a TO. Threw a pass over the middle that went off receivers hands and caught by DeSales.

Lucky to get out alive in the first half.

Second half Kues and Kelly ran the ball well and often. Defense put DeSales in unwanted down and distance and picked off passes.

Breds score in first half last two games (Opposition 19 Breds 10)

Breds score in the second half last two games (Breds 49 Opposition 0)

Disaster first half again for Newcath.

Stopped DeSales 3 and out and then promptly fumbled on a 4th and 1 just past midfield.

DeSales would move the ball well in the first half but did miss a short field goal with the score 3-3.

NewCath fumbled 3 times and threw 1 INT in the first half. Fumbled on the 2 just near the end of the first half tied at 3. Stopped DeSales and returned the punt to the Desales 30 yard line with a 1:11 left and a TO. Threw a pass over the middle that went off receivers hands and caught by DeSales.

Lucky to get out alive in the first half.

Second half Kues and Kelly ran the ball well and often. Defense put DeSales in unwanted down and distance and picked off passes.

Breds score in first half last two games (Opposition 19 Breds 10)

Breds score in the second half last two games (Breds 49 Opposition 0)

Story of the season. Athletically, this may be one of the best that NewCath has ever had. Failure to execute in the first half hasn't hurt them, yet. However, if you fumble 3 times and throw a pick, and it's still a tied ball game at half, the other team better worry. Just like last week, going in at the half after a meltdown, yet still in position to win, you take it. Will definitely take a full four quarters next week, but somehow, I think that we will see that. Go get'em. It's amazing to see such success. I hope that every player cherishes what they've experienced. I know that I am extremely happy for them. 14-1 would be the best record ever at NewCath for a season and three in a row would put them in very, very select company among the programs in Kentucky.