Carroll County 58 Walton-Verona 51

Carroll goes to 1-0 with the win. The Lady Panthers need to work on their FT shooting desparately but they play some nasty defense. Their full court press caused probably 15 turnovers. Girdy and Osbourne go for 18 each. Hargot led W-V with 24.

WOW! Closer than I thought and what a great game played by Carroll. Im sorry I had to leave at the half, but those first two quarters I seen some great things out of Carroll. That defense will have teams throwing a fit. Great Job Lady Panthers and Good Luck against the Lady Raiders!

Good Luck to you too TB&G and Lady Raiders! Hopefully it will be a great game in Bedford!

WOW! Closer than I thought and what a great game played by Carroll. Im sorry I had to leave at the half, but those first two quarters I seen some great things out of Carroll. That defense will have teams throwing a fit. Great Job Lady Panthers and Good Luck against the Lady Raiders!

Good Luck to you too TB&G and Lady Raiders! Hopefully it will be a great game in Bedford!

Thanks, 32.

.Okay. There's a lot I could say about both teams. Let's start off with Carroll County. Have solid guards, girdy, fast/quick, gets to the rim well. Osbourne with a big night. Full court trap, made it hard for Walton to get into a rhythm.. Now, in all honesty, Walton was a better team, better size, better shooters, and just better, but just got out coached. Walton tried to pick up full court and trap!! But Carroll was just to fast and I thought sitting there, taking notes, that Walton's coach (forgot her name) would realize that they need to lay off and drop in a half court zone of half court man but she didn't do it! I was like are you serious?! So, Carroll country played great because Walton coach played right into Carroll County hands. It just is crazy what Walton coaches did. But good win Carroll, way to start off the season.

Welcome to the BGP Jeanie...It is good to have another 8th region person..

Have to disagree with your assessment except that they were out coached, I think they were out played also.

I really like the Walton team and I do think they have good players but the better players are on the CC team..JMO though

Welcome to the BGP Jeanie...It is good to have another 8th region person..

Have to disagree with your assessment except that they were out coached, I think they were out played also.

I really like the Walton team and I do think they have good players but the better players are on the CC team..JMO though

Maybe your right, but I think if the Walton Girls believed in what their coach was trying to do, they might show more heart. You could tell that CC believed in their game plan and worked it to perfection, the WV girls looked like they just don't want to play. I think if Walton was coached different, it would have been a different game. Walton just couldn't stop them going to the basket. CC did play good though. Very suprised with their play.

I was very disappointed for the Walton player that may be out for the season with a shoulder injury. She is a senior ( I do not know her name) and she had a nice game against us last year.

I talked to her and I hope she makes it back at least for the end of the year..

Best wishes on a speedy recovery from CC..

Jeanie, I couldn't agree with you more. Walton was trying to pressure Carroll for no reason. I think if they would have got back in a zone and made Carroll beat them from the outside it would have been a different game. Same kind of elementary mistakes I saw from Walton last year. It's kind of a shame they have great potential but I don't think they are given the game plan to win. I agree though great win for Carroll!!!