New Litkenhous Ratings

BirdieCat

CR, are you implying that the football universe does not revolve around Kentucky?

Actually, it would not be a statistical aberration. And, most reasonable posters would agree that X, T and BG are relatively comparable. (I do not know Highlands, but T and BG were close in their contest and X and Trinity were reasonably close). T played Cinn. X close and Cinn. X is rated as high as 2nd nationally. At a minimum, an argument could be made....

Maybe I'm taking after your avatar and becoming a great cynic. ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. No disrespect to any of the 4 ranked Kentucky teams, but I find it hard to believe that our little Commonwealth has four of the top 150 teams in the nation.

I certainly don't think that X is #3 in the country, but I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that at least 3 of the four could be in the top 150 this year.

I think the only poll that really matters is the one on Sunday after the State Finals!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself!! IMO, I think all polls should be thrown out the door come playoff time!! These polls can't run, pass, block, catch, tackle, etc.., for any team!!

Dead serious.

I agree wiht you 100%.

Its biased to larger class teams in overall rankings, and puts too much into schedule.

Look at 3A. While Central has played a tuff, tuff schedule you have to beat those teams at some point. Belfry and Breathitt are undefeated, yet are lower. Belfry also beat Johnson Central solidly, but are .2 point behind them in the rankings?

LIT puts too much into to margin of victory, size of school, schedule, and last yers performance too late into the season. Unlike Massey whose system does not include last season performance past week 6 or 7.

Its about who you beat and on field performance, not computers anyway.

LIT

1.Trinity (10-2) 136.5

2.St. Xavier (12-0) 135.8

3.Bowling Green (11-1) 132.5

4.Highlands (12-0) 129.9

5.Manual (10-2) 120.4

6.Henry Clay (10-1) 118.7

7.Male (10-2) 118.6

8.Lexington Catholic (10-2) 112.0

9.PRP (4-7) 109.9

10.Boone County (9-3) 109.9

11.Owensboro (11-1) 108.8

12.Covington Catholic (5-7) 108.1

13.Bell County (12-0) 107.9

14.John Hardin (12-0) 106.6

15.Scott County (9-2) 106.2

16.Ballard (6-6) 106.2

17.Newport Catholic (11-1) 105.8

18.Lone Oak (12-0) 105.5

19.Warren East (10-2) 104.4

20.Dixie Heights (6-5) 104.3 35th

Massey

1 St Xavier

2 Trinity

3 Highlands

4 Bowling Green

5 DuPont Manual

6 Henry Clay

7 Belfry 33rd

8 Bell Co

9 Lexington Cath

10 Male

11 Lone Oak

12 Owensboro

13 John Hardin

14 Boone Co

15 Scott Co

16 Newport Cent Cath

17 Lincoln Co

18 Marshall Co

19 Covington Cath

20 Ballard

I agree wiht you 100%.

Its biased to larger class teams in overall rankings, and puts too much into schedule.

Look at 3A. While Central has played a tuff, tuff schedule you have to beat those teams at some point. Belfry and Breathitt are undefeated, yet are lower. Belfry also beat Johnson Central solidly, but are .2 point behind them in the rankings?

LIT puts too much into to margin of victory, size of school, schedule, and last yers performance too late into the season. Unlike Massey whose system does not include last season performance past week 6 or 7.

Its about who you beat and on field performance, not computers anyway.

Central has been right up there the whole year. I can't wait to see them run into Belfry, Breathitt, or Russell. Just because you have a tough schedule and you loose those tough games should not be justification to rank you number one. Right now today Belfry would beat Central by three TD's. Central is way over rated in my opinion. They did not impress me at all when they played Johnson Central. Look what Belfry did to Johnson Central. Oh well, I guess that is why we play the games.

Central has been right up there the whole year. I can't wait to see them run into Belfry, Breathitt, or Russell. Just because you have a tough schedule and you loose those tough games should not be justification to rank you number one. Right now today Belfry would beat Central by three TD's. Central is way over rated in my opinion. They did not impress me at all when they played Johnson Central. Look what Belfry did to Johnson Central. Oh well, I guess that is why we play the games.

Russell or Belfry both do the exact thing that after Central wants none off, and that is run the football and hit you right square in the mouth and jump up and do it for the entire game.

I will say, without any hesitation, that in no way is Green County the 2nd best 2A team in the state.

Furthermore, Green County is listed as being better than Beechwood, Belfry, Lincoln County, and Shelby County amongst many others.

If Green County could stay within 3 TD's of any of those teams I listed it would only be by an act of Congress!