Veterans Day Salute

cvillecat

I want to say Thank You to all of our military personell, past and present. You are true heroes and have my utmost respect.

May God watch over each and everyone of you on this day of Honor and may he grant peace to the families who have lost loved ones while servng our great country.

Agreed, my family on my dad's side have had EIGHT STRAIGHT GENERATIONS in the military. I have to be the one to break the chain :cry: Ah well, better things are in store for me I guess. I salute all Veterans because I know from second-hand knowledge what it is like and how it affects a family. Keep doing us proud.

I may knock on the government every now and then but all of you give me that right. If I ever do knock military strategy, I am not knocking any of you. All you do is take orders. So know that if any of you read these boards. :thumb:

With all of that said, I will continue to pray for all of you from the mess hall to the battle field.

Truly heartfelt thanks to all veterans who have served our country. I feel blessed by your sacrifice.

Personal thanks to my dad (US Army - Vietnam) and my late uncle (US Navy - Korea).

Today, I like to remember George S. Abbott, a 21 yro boy from my hometown, that lost his life serving his country on July 30th, 1945, during the sinking of the USS Indianapolis. "All gave some...some gave all."

Many of us today, take for granted things which were provided by our Veterans. We don't often thank those men/women enough.

A debt never repayable, anguish and suffering; memories and dreams; words can't express it accurately and perhaps the most honest thank you, is the tear streaming down the cheek of many.

Many of us today, take for granted things which were provided by our Veterans. We don't often thank those men/women enough.

A debt never repayable, anguish and suffering; memories and dreams; words can't express it accurately and perhaps the most honest thank you, is the tear streaming down the cheek of many.

Amen! I put up a new flag today, as my old one was looking a bit worn. I hoisted it to the top of the pole and then lowered it to half staff. Somewhere deep inside I began to hurt and could not help but cry for those brave men and women...the ones that were gone so long, the ones that were injured, the ones that were unappreciated and the ones that never made it back.

I want to say Thank You to all of our military personell, past and present. You are true heroes and have my utmost respect.

May God watch over each and everyone of you on this day of Honor and may he grant peace to the families who have lost loved ones while servng our great country.

Ditto......:thumb:

I know so many people who have served....I don't want to miss anyone, and, I hope that I do not. First, I want to thank my hero, PH, for serving. His life will never be the same from the time he enlisted to present day. To see the struggles he goes through really breaks my heart...at the same time however, to see his passion for life and the will to never give up has been a true and amazing thing to watch. To see how PH has grown in these last couple of years is a big inspriration to me. He never has, I don't belive that he ever will, feel sorry for himself or his situation...he does not consider himself any different than he was before, and neither do I!!! He is my rock and I want to salute him!!! I love you!

To my dad that was a Navy Seal....I understand why you don't and can't talk about what you have seen. I know that was not something that I could have done or want to have witnessed....you are my special person and I love you. As with PH, your life has never been the same as when you first went into the military. Some is for the best, others were not. I really thank you for your service as well...oh, and thanks for selling your bomber jacket to help pay for my birth!!!(and to the money bags that gave you all that money for it!!! LOL) As many problems as mom and I had, we all would have still been paying for that bill....just think, I would not belong to anyone but the hospital right now!!! LOL LOL

To my Godfather who was also a Seal. Thank you so much for getting me prepared for living with someone who is a double above the knee amputee!!! I have known you my whole life, most of that you have not had legs. I know that Nam was a horrible experience for you and I am sorry that you are still dealing with the mental anguish that you have. I have to believe that one of these days you will not have flash backs as well as the dreams and memories that you have. When I was young, you had a flashback in front of me. I was never afraid because you were able, and did take the time, to explain to such a little kid. I also had faith that you would not hurt me no matter what. You are really a wonderful person!!! Good luck with you new chair and PH and I are pulling for you to get better real soon!!! I love you and want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for answering all the silly little kid questions that you did when I was so very young. I really do believe that you have given me knowledge and know how for me being able to understand and handle certain things that PH goes through such as those horrible phantom pains and pressure sores as well as a number of other things. This, PH and I can not say thank you near enough!!!

To my brother in law who was in the Navy. PH and I miss you and hope that you are enjoying your time in Heaven. You will never be forgotten. I know there are no mental illnesses or physical disabilities in Heaven, and for that I am thankful. For these past five years, you have been "normal" and healthy. I am taking some time right now to think of you and thanking you for your time that you served. I know that was not an easy time for you. May God be with you. You are loved and missed.

For all of our BGP family that has served, is serving, has loved ones that have served and are serving....my thanks!!! All of you are such special people in mine and PH's lives. I love you all and you all are a part of my family!!!

I am sending a prayer for all our people that are fighting right now. May no more harm or death come to you all....come back home safe and sound. For all the Vets in the VA hospitals right now....May God be with all of you.

For everyone else that I have missed or have not mentioned....you all are getting a prayer as well. May God be with all of you and thank you EVERYONE for your service.

I know so many people who have served....I don't want to miss anyone, and, I hope that I do not. First, I want to thank my hero, PH, for serving. His life will never be the same from the time he enlisted to present day. To see the struggles he goes through really breaks my heart...at the same time however, to see his passion for life and the will to never give up has been a true and amazing thing to watch. To see how PH has grown in these last couple of years is a big inspriration to me. He never has, I don't belive that he ever will, feel sorry for himself or his situation...he does not consider himself any different than he was before, and neither do I!!! He is my rock and I want to salute him!!! I love you!

To my dad that was a Navy Seal....I understand why you don't and can't talk about what you have seen. I know that was not something that I could have done or want to have witnessed....you are my special person and I love you. As with PH, your life has never been the same as when you first went into the military. Some is for the best, others were not. I really thank you for your service as well...oh, and thanks for selling your bomber jacket to help pay for my birth!!!(and to the money bags that gave you all that money for it!!! LOL) As many problems as mom and I had, we all would have still been paying for that bill....just think, I would not belong to anyone but the hospital right now!!! LOL LOL

To my Godfather who was also a Seal. Thank you so much for getting me prepared for living with someone who is a double above the knee amputee!!! I have known you my whole life, most of that you have not had legs. I know that Nam was a horrible experience for you and I am sorry that you are still dealing with the mental anguish that you have. I have to believe that one of these days you will not have flash backs as well as the dreams and memories that you have. When I was young, you had a flashback in front of me. I was never afraid because you were able, and did take the time, to explain to such a little kid. I also had faith that you would not hurt me no matter what. You are really a wonderful person!!! Good luck with you new chair and PH and I are pulling for you to get better real soon!!! I love you and want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for answering all the silly little kid questions that you did when I was so very young. I really do believe that you have given me knowledge and know how for me being able to understand and handle certain things that PH goes through such as those horrible phantom pains and pressure sores as well as a number of other things. This, PH and I can not say thank you near enough!!!

To my brother in law who was in the Navy. PH and I miss you and hope that you are enjoying your time in Heaven. You will never be forgotten. I know there are no mental illnesses or physical disabilities in Heaven, and for that I am thankful. For these past five years, you have been "normal" and healthy. I am taking some time right now to think of you and thanking you for your time that you served. I know that was not an easy time for you. May God be with you. You are loved and missed.

For all of our BGP family that has served, is serving, has loved ones that have served and are serving....my thanks!!! All of you are such special people in mine and PH's lives. I love you all and you all are a part of my family!!!

I am sending a prayer for all our people that are fighting right now. May no more harm or death come to you all....come back home safe and sound. For all the Vets in the VA hospitals right now....May God be with all of you.

For everyone else that I have missed or have not mentioned....you all are getting a prayer as well. May God be with all of you and thank you EVERYONE for your service.

:thumb: Great post!!!

:thumb:Great thread and post cville, I apologize for not getting over on this forum sooner. May God Bless and be with all of our Military and their families that are serving now as well as ithe ones that have in the past.

Thank each and everyone of you for what you do, are doing and have done to protect our way of life. :thumb::thumb:

Thank You for this GREAT POST!