Class of 2010

Park1221

In the NKY area Austin Pugh of Conner has got to be one of the best sophomores I have seen this year. That kid can flat out hit and he bats 3rd in a pretty solid lineup.

Ronald Cotton of Boone County is doing pretty well. He is batting lead off and starting in center field.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zack Reed from Greenup needs to be added to this list. Greenup has a GREAT class of sophomores. There are a few more that could be added to this list at a later date...Hardin, Staten and Rice.

One of these guys needs to step and be a leader. After the Apollo game, I don't think Greenup has one any longer.

After watching GC last night and last year, Billy Logan is the leader of this team, he takes over on the field like a good leader. He steps out in front of the plate and gives directions before almost every batter, I Dont know how you can say they dont have a leader.

[/color]

After watching GC last night and last year, Billy Logan is the leader of this team, he takes over on the field like a good leader. He steps out in front of the plate and gives directions before almost every batter, I Dont know how you can say they dont have a leader.

I can say it because I saw the lack of leadership he showed in the Apollo game. Ranting about his pitchers. Throwing his equipment. Asking to be taken out when times got tough. It's easy to be a leader when things are going well. I'm sure he was tired, but how many double-headers has he caught that took a lot longer than that inning? He lost a lot of respect from his teammates that game. He may gain that back over time, but it will take a while. If you were not there, you have no clue. Ask around. If you were there, you are blind.

I can say it because I saw the lack of leadership he showed in the Apollo game. Ranting about his pitchers. Throwing his equipment. Asking to be taken out when times got tough. It's easy to be a leader when things are going well. I'm sure he was tired, but how many double-headers has he caught that took a lot longer than that inning? He lost a lot of respect from his teammates that game. He may gain that back over time, but it will take a while. If you were not there, you have no clue. Ask around. If you were there, you are blind.
If that is the case then I tend to agree with you, I wasnt in Florida and did not see any of that. I have to believe that these boys have played together long enough to forgive and forget. At least I hope they have.

I believe he showed great leadership in this game. Yea, when Craft came in and gave up the lead he got a little bit frusturated, but who didnt. He was in front of home plate talking to his infielders before every pitch this game to. Also, I did not see him throwing equpiment or ranting at the pitchers.

I believe he showed great leadership in this game. Yea, when Craft came in and gave up the lead he got a little bit frusturated, but who didnt. He was in front of home plate talking to his infielders before every pitch this game to. Also, I did not see him throwing equpiment or ranting at the pitchers.

Wow, this thread got off topic! :lol:

First of all, I said ranting about, not at. He wasn't ranting at them because they were still in the game when he left. Second of all, quite obviously, you were not paying attention to the dugout when he left the game. He did, in fact, do everything I said and was quite vocal about it.

Logan runs the game well. However, being a leader isn't just giving signals in front of the plate and telling your team you have two outs or a force at third. Being a leader is picking your team up when they are down. It's being emotional in a positive way. It's helping your team learn from an experience like the Apollo game.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Logan. The kid is a solid catcher and can hit with the best. He will be a good D1 catcher in a couple of years. I was just surprised by his actions.

Coupon, I hope you are right. I hope his team will forget about this. I'm still guessing it'll be a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

After another year to evaluate this situation by watching high school ball and travel ball I will throughout these names. I am sure there are some good kids in Eastern and Western KY that I am not aware of but here is the Louisville area.

Ca:

1) Taylor Banks

2) Ryan Messex

3) Fidenza

Middle Infield

1) Brandon Alphin

2) Anthony Carney

3) Cameron Mason

4) Casey Robinson

5) Ryan Hockman

6) Matt Bowles

Corners: