Class of 2010

Park1221

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brice Smallwood of Dixie Heights. A tall lefty pitcher, that throws about 80- 83mph, with great off- speed. He was 1- 1 with several relief appearences as a frosh.

Joel Lubrano of Dixie Heights. Was pulled up as a frosh last season and hit over .500 with 20 some RBIs in only 15 games, not including tourney play.

Brice Smallwood of Dixie Heights. A tall lefty pitcher, that throws about 80- 83mph, with great off- speed. He was 1- 1 with several relief appearences as a frosh.

Joel Lubrano of Dixie Heights. Was pulled up as a frosh last season and hit over .500 with 20 some RBIs in only 15 games, not including tourney play.

Lubrano played varsity last year and hit .500. ?

How come he isn't in the hitting leaders. Only Dixie players listed are:

Nichols .465

Dickman .411

Shields .386

Lubrano played varsity last year and hit .500. ?

How come he isn't in the hitting leaders. Only Dixie players listed are:

Nichols .465

Dickman .411

Shields .386

Did Smallwood play for the Bluegrass Baseball Club a couple years ago? They had a really tough tall lefty as well.

I am most familiar with the Louisville area. Based on what I have seen over the last few years here are the names you need to look for:

Boling, Carney, Litteral, and Porter form St. X

Taylor Banks and Hockman from PRP

Brandon Alphin and Matt Bowles from Bullitt East

Ryan Messex and Cameron Mason from Male.

Casey Robinson from Bethlehem

Tyler Wright from Marion Co.

Justin Ebernez (spelling) from Holly Cross

I am sure there are a few that skip my mind but these should be some of the top sophs in the state.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Brandon Weir from Lincoln County has already had an impressive start to the season. In his first week, he's hit two homeruns, and two doubles. In his first varsity start of the season, he threw a 1-hit 6 inning shutout against Casey County where he struck out 14 batters. In his next start against Nelson County, he struck out 6. I think his batting average after the first week is around .550. One to watch out for.

I would like to add Dakota Greenslate (GCHS) to this list of super sophs. And I believe the very talented Apollo team will agree as he held them in check for 6 and 2/3rds innings in Cocoa Fl. And also done very well as freshman last year so he is no one game wonder in case anyone is wondering.