Boston Red Sox - 2007 American League Champions!

98NCCalum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IMAO Boston didnt win...Cleveland FELL APART!

they scored 30 runs the last two games, and they weren't on errors, I'm guessing the bats had something to do with it as well!

Papelbon is SICK!

Youks is on FIRE!

Dice-K, Beckett, are you joking? The Sox are a complete team!

they scored 30 runs the last two games, and they weren't on errors, I'm guessing the bats had something to do with it as well!

Papelbon is SICK!

Youks is on FIRE!

When 2 out of the 4 best pitchers in the MLB struggle....

C. Sabathia

F. Carmona

If these guys pitch there best Boston is home!

Papelbon is SICK!

Youks is on FIRE!

:thumb:

The Sox went out and did what they knew they were capable of doing! They were never worried down 3-1!

An e-mailer on Rome had a good point. Why in the hell did they have a break IN Cleveland? Why couldn't they just do it like the last 100 years and play 2-3-2?

It was for TV purposes. That's why the NLCS and ALCS started on different days--that way there were as many days as possible with only one game scheduled so that viewers didn't have to choose between the two series. I don't really agree with it but I guess if I were paying all that money for the TV rights I'd want my exposure maximized too.

When 2 out of the 4 best pitchers in the MLB struggle....

C. Sabathia

F. Carmona

If these guys pitch there best Boston is home!

Again, it might not have mattered. Beckett, Schilling and Dice-K only gave up 5 total runs over the last 3 games so Sabathia and Carmona would have had to have been pitching shutouts or 1 run games to win. Quite simply the Indians were out hit, out pitched and out coached the last 3 games and the better team won.

On a side note, and I know it has no bearing on the outcome because the votes were already sent in, the ALCS solidifys the point that Beckett should be the Cy Young winner in the AL this year. He was the only 20 game winner in baseball and kicked Sabathia's butt twice in this series.

On a side note, and I know it has no bearing on the outcome because the votes were already sent in, the ALCS solidifys the point that Beckett should be the Cy Young winner in the AL this year. He was the only 20 game winner in baseball and kicked Sabathia's butt twice in this series.

:thumb: No doubt!

:dancingpa

Papelbon is SICK!

Youks is on FIRE!

Glad to see the Sox roar back. Hate anything associated with Cleveland.

Casey Blake helped them out though, last night...may not have been a difference maker but may have given the Indians a chance. Booted groundball to start the 7th. Led to a double and applied instant pressure on the Tribe.

Then he and Pieralta bungle Varitek's bloop for a double, which really was an error even though it wasn't scored one.

I doubt the cold will bother the BoSox that much...they endure some harsh evenings in April in the New England area.

Congrats to the BoSox. My team started "trying not to lose" and Boston was too good not to take advantage of it.

As I read on Yahoo, the Red Sox now become the new "Yankees" (it alluded to the domineering way in which they play, the $$ they're paid, and the "uniqueness" of their home field among other things).

It was over as soon as Lofton was held at 3rd.

Oh well, there's always next year... (let me tell you, it's not easy being a Cleveland sports fan !!!) :cry: