Who is going to start for UK this year?

Maybe it isn't who starts, but who will contribute? How deep is UK? Can they feel it out early and go 7, 8, or 9 deep when it matters?

Team depth and the abiltiy to create and exploit mismatches will take them as far they can go. If they are going to be a running team, fresh players and depth can be a nightmare for other teams.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard this question a lot and i really dont know but i have a guess at whos starting this year. I think Kentucky should run a 4 guard set like Villanova did a couple years ago. Here's who i would start:

PG Derrick Jasper

G Jodie Meeks

G Joe Crawford

G Ramel Bradely

F Patrick Patterson

Villanova was succesful with this offense and I think Kentucky can be too. ;)

Isn't this similar size to Pitino's first year?

I feel pretty confident in saying that Stevenson or Stewart would start the year at the 4, and be surrounded by Patterson, Bradley, Crawford, and Meeks.

However, I would not be surprised to see a lineup of Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Jasper, and Patterson. I feel like Jasper could probably guard a lot of guys at the 4 spot in todays college basketball.

I really dont feel you will see Legion start this year without the aid of injuries or unless he just blows up. He will be a very nice spark and scoring off the bench, much like Meeks was last year.