Who is going to start for UK this year?

Jasper had what you could consider as a major knee surgery. He needs to get back to 100%.

He did NOT have micro. That is a rumor, and nothing more.

Jasper has stated you dont have to worry about him shooting the ball this year. I think Tubby had him scared to shoot last year. I think you will see Jasper come out a bit this year.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this similar size to Pitino's first year?

If memory serves the starting center in Pitino's first two seasons was Reggie Hanson who was 6'7".

The Bombinos (1990 season) had:

Derrick Miller 6'4"

Sean Woods 6'0" (?)

John Pelphrey 6'7"

Deron Feldhous 6'7"

Richie Farmer 6'

Jonathan Davis 6' 8"

Jeff Brassow 6'4"

That was about it. If you recall they went 14-14 playing their tails off along the way.

haha :laugh:

Who else is gonna do it if we go 4 guards?

Crawford or Meeks are your only other options, and I dont believe Crawford could do it. Meeks could, but I dont believe you are utilizing him in the best way by playing D down low. Jasper is probably more capable with his height and length.

Anybody else notice the name that has been left out consistently through this thread?

Ramon Harris.

While inexperienced, this kid could very well start at the 4 spot if needed, and will probably see a good share of time at the 3/4 spots. He is one that was being raved about in the summer workouts and is apparently an athletic freak. He also grew an inch this past year and is now at 6'7 and long. Watch out.

I've heard this question a lot and i really dont know but i have a guess at whos starting this year. I think Kentucky should run a 4 guard set like Villanova did a couple years ago. Here's who i would start:

PG Derrick Jasper

G Jodie Meeks

G Joe Crawford

G Ramel Bradely

F Patrick Patterson

Villanova was succesful with this offense and I think Kentucky can be too. ;)

I really dont think we will see a 4 guard lineup starting this year...I think we will see it used at time during games, but not starting..To start the year I think we will see this lineup

PG Bradley

Sg Crawford

Sf Meeks

Pf Patterson

C Carter

I really like AJ Stewart and think he may possibly end up in the starting lineup for Carter eventually if Carter doesn't do that well...

• 2 weeks later...