Pendleton County 28 Ludlow 22

Birdsfan

For the amount of kids on Pendleton County's roster, they are definetly doing an unbelievable job this season. Hats off to the work those kids have done. I realize Ludlow and Henry County aren't exactly powerhouses, but two wins is actually two more than I thought they would have all year.

:thumb:

Congrats to the Wildcats. A group of tuff kids for sure.

Hopefully, these young men are setting some sort of example to the boys in the county who should also be playing and they will get off their duffs, commit themselves to the team by working hard in the offseason in the weight room, through preseason and into next season and give some depth to the Wildcats.

Football is a sport that demands hard work, discipline and commitment. These young men are setting a great example and some of the other young men in the county need to wake up to the example these young men are setting for them.

Hopefully, these young men are setting some sort of example to the boys in the county who should also be playing and they will get off their duffs, commit themselves to the team by working hard in the offseason in the weight room, through preseason and into next season and give some depth to the Wildcats.

Football is a sport that demands hard work, discipline and commitment. These young men are setting a great example and some of the other young men in the county need to wake up to the example these young men are setting for them.

Great,great comment. Pendleton is too big a school system to have the football numbers that they do. Too much AAU and year round basketball in Falmouth if you ask me.

Great,great comment. Pendleton is too big a school system to have the football numbers that they do. Too much AAU and year round basketball in Falmouth if you ask me.

Basketball is only about 10 kids per grade level. There are many more young men sitting out at each grade level than just 10.

And you cannot fault the basketball coaches in developing a program for their sport. I would do the same if I sat in Coach Simms' seat.

Basketball is only about 10 kids per grade level. There are many more young men sitting out at each grade level than just 10.

And you cannot fault the basketball coaches in developing a program for their sport. I would do the same if I sat in Coach Simms' seat.

I saw lots of "football sized kids' in the stands at the CC game, and have to agree that its a shame that they don't get more kids out for football at a bigger school like that?? Have they taken on a district schedule yet, and if not, is that holding back participation??

I saw lots of "football sized kids' in the stands at the CC game, and have to agree that its a shame that they don't get more kids out for football at a bigger school like that?? Have they taken on a district schedule yet, and if not, is that holding back participation??

Aren't they now in Highlands district? That alone probably keeps some kids from going out.

Aren't they now in Highlands district? That alone probably keeps some kids from going out.

They've chosen to stay out of district play, even though the program is something like 6-8 years old? Is this possibly affecting the turnout, as kids can't actually "play for something" such as the playoffs, district rivalrys, etc.??