Pendleton County 28 Ludlow 22

Birdsfan

They've chosen to stay out of district play, even though the program is something like 6-8 years old? Is this possibly affecting the turnout, as kids can't actually "play for something" such as the playoffs, district rivalrys, etc.??

They initially chose to play out of district for the first four seasons because their district would have included Highlands and Covington Catholic.

They are now playing in Class 4A District 5 along with Franklin County, Harrison County and Bourbon County. They've done it the right way; I think Pendleton could be a competitive program very soon.

With Ludlow's recent struggles, I think that they are starting to get a little more worried about the Brossart game now, which I think is their last chance for a win this season.

Yes I agree.

However, I believe that 3 of the 4 games they could've won. Bellevue, Dayton, and PC.

Great,great comment. Pendleton is too big a school system to have the football numbers that they do. Too much AAU and year round basketball in Falmouth if you ask me.

All In,

When did they ever start having AAU and year round basketball in Falmouth?

Wow can't wait for the Ludlow vs Brossart game. Should be a good one.:D

Well I normally would have some comment back to this smart comment...However I not going to argue anything here, because I was not at the game, but from the people I talked to alot of the kids didn't seem to play with any heart this game. And well that really disappoints me to hear that. I understand it is tough losing those two games that they believe should have won, and then losing the starting QB for the season. But that is no excuse to not go out there and still give it everything you have...Im sure Coach Borchers though wont let that happen again this week,and I look forward to seeing the kids actually play with heart again this week against Brossart. The QB also now has had two games of experience, so I look for Zack to also step up and have a better game as well...Ludlow will take care of business against Brossart this week!

All In,

When did they ever start having AAU and year round basketball in Falmouth?

It's a traveling team of picked middle schoolers and younger that play through basketball season and throughout the summer, believe some Varsity and JV players do this also. In most schools, those kids will also play football or baseball, but not at Pendleton. They better win the state in a few years as obsessed as they are with basketball.

It will be a long time before Pendleton takes state in basketball...IMO the best chance they had of winning was in 2006 with Belcher, Verax, Mains, Elliott and Elrod. Don't see that much talent coming up soon. Just wish more kids would get involved in all sports at Pendleton.

It will be a long time before Pendleton takes state in basketball...IMO the best chance they had of winning was in 2006 with Belcher, Verax, Mains, Elliott and Elrod. Don't see that much talent coming up soon. Just wish more kids would get involved in all sports at Pendleton.

Have to agree, as the '05 and '06 teams were special groups who had played together for years, and then added the key transfer. I think football participation will pick up now that they've added district play to the equation, but time will tell.