Milton Bradley

The Scribe

I've seen a player get hurt rounding the bases in his home run trot. Practically crawled across home plate.

I've heard of pitchers getting hurt during warmups, or slipping on the dugouts steps.

I think there was a pitcher who once cut his finger cleaning mud from his spikes behind the mound.

But Milton Bradley is the first person I've seen to tear his ACL while arguing with the umpire.

LINK

I've seen a player get hurt rounding the bases in his home run trot. Practically crawled across home plate.

I've heard of pitchers getting hurt during warmups, or slipping on the dugouts steps.

I think there was a pitcher who once cut his finger cleaning mud from his spikes behind the mound.

But Milton Bradley is the first person I've seen to tear his ACL while arguing with the umpire.

LINK

One guy (Coleman)?, for the Cardinals got eaten by a tarp one time.

It soundsl like Crazy Miltie might not be the guilty one in this case. Based on what the first base coach was quoted as saying, it sounds like the first base ump went out of his way to get Milt upset (not very difficult) by making some derogatory statements about him.

My guess is that the ump gets in some trouble over this one.

Milton over reacts and has several instances of on-field problems. His quick temper is his weakness, as his talent is outstanding.

I've seen a lot of Baseball games, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a baserunner, ask for time while the pitcher is in his stretch. Has anyone else?

Milton over reacts and has several instances of on-field problems. His quick temper is his weakness, as his talent is outstanding.

I've seen a lot of Baseball games, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a baserunner, ask for time while the pitcher is in his stretch. Has anyone else?

I understand MB's shortcomings, but does that give the umpire right to say what he allegedly said to him?

Thanks and I didn't read what was said or by whom, but he had some conversation with the homeplate Ump first. Not sure what that was about and perhaps, the 1B Ump didn't like Bradley's comment to him.

According to the 1st base coach Meachem?, The ump began the dialogue, and according to him, was the worst comment he had heard from an ump in his 26 year career.

According to the 1st base coach Meachem?, The ump began the dialogue, and according to him, was the worst comment he had heard from an ump in his 26 year career.
Here is an excerpt, from an article I found....

The confrontation began after plate umpire (HP) Brian Runge asked Bradley if he had flipped his bat in the ump's direction after taking a called third strike to end the fifth.

Runge indicated that Winters (1B) told him that Bradley had. The dispute escalated after Bradley singled, then asked Winters if he told Runge he threw his bat.

Link:Bradley article

I certainly do not remember it.