Pulaski County vs North Laurel

Capn Jack

Who wins  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

I don't think North has played anyone on PC's level. If PC is firing on all cylenders this game will not even be close. Lets not take it so far to say this QB is better than Cole he still has a few years to prove himself and see if he leads his team as far as Cole did.

Lead them to what a first round loss? While at this exact point in time he may not be the best, he WILL without a doubt be the best QB in PC history. He is more complete player than Draughn even.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lead them to what a first round loss? While at this exact point in time he may not be the best, he WILL without a doubt be the best QB in PC history. He is more complete player than Draughn even.

I thought they won the game when he put up the insane numbers vs Waggoner in the playoffs. The one with a score closer to a high scoring basketball game.

Pulaski scored 33 on SL w/ 2 TDs called back, 1 fumble @ the SL 1yd line, & another @ the SL 15yd line going in for another score. The Maroons played, by far, the worst game they have played all year. If they clean up the mistakes, the race is on.

Not trying to be mean as I want South to do well, .. but their defense is not their strongest attribute. If a team could have South's offense and North's defense, they would be a pretty solid squad. PC is obviously a very solid club and Hines was one of my nominees for COY on another thread for what he has done so far (he is also a class act IMHO). However, while I don't see North winning this game, I don't see PC hanging 56 points on them before the JV's come in.

Actually Draughn's SR year, PC played against Boyle Co. in the Region final. PC gor beat handily in that game, but they did make that far. That was the team w/ Draughn, Johnathan Denham, Tyler Sexton (present UK Wildcat), & a group of great athletes. This year's team has the potential to make a post-season run of that magnitude. Just have to keep their heads out of the clouds & stay hungry.

To me, it seems PC is a year ahead of schedule. I thought they would be maybe .500 this year, w/ a playoff game, then be ready to really roll in 2008. But, surprisingly, this team has taken off this year. There is just something special about these kids, not only are they athletically gifted, fast kids, they are "football smart" as well. They must remain focused though. They can not afford to look at any team on their schedule as a W. The PC fans are very proud of what this team has been able to accomplish this year, no matter what happens from here on out.

To me, it seems PC is a year ahead of schedule. I thought they would be maybe .500 this year, w/ a playoff game, then be ready to really roll in 2008. But, surprisingly, this team has taken off this year. There is just something special about these kids, not only are they athletically gifted, fast kids, they are "football smart" as well. They must remain focused though. They can not afford to look at any team on their schedule as a W. The PC fans are very proud of what this team has been able to accomplish this year, no matter what happens from here on out.

Excellent post. I thought next year would be PC's year to really shine and they are playing above where everyone thought they would be at this point. I am impressed with these Maroons. The fans should be proud and excited about the next few seasons in Pulaski County!

Draughn made it deep in the playoffs has Muse? Not yet he just took over last year he still has some time to prove he is the best. I believe when it is time he will be the best but Draughn is still the best.

That's what I said. Sophomore to sophomore I think Muse is better than Draughn was as a soph, and will break nearly all of his records. PC very well could win two or more playoff games this year, don't sell them short.

My father talked to Johnny Hines within the past week or so and the Coach said that he is pleasantly surprised with how well his young team has been playing. I think he should be.

With that being said, ... could this be the one game each season when Coach Abbott's squad manages to pull a big upset? They seem to be able to do it every year since he has taken over. 2 years ago in his first season, they pulled the biggest upset in the state that year with a 26-23 double OT win over Madison Central (MC's first district loss in over 3 years), ... last year his Jags upset South Laurel at South when not many thought they would, ... and now they seem to be an overwhelming home dog to the Maroons. Just something to think about. I did pick PC in this one, .. but as a Jag fan, certainly hope I am wrong and this is the week!