Highlands/Dixie JV game results

jbwill2

He was basically ran out of Dixie by Sorrell. They didn't see eye-to-eye as Pike didn't agree with how Sorrell handled the boys. It's unfortunate as it's almost always a bonus to have a former NFL player on your staff. I've never personally met Pike, but from everything I've heard, he's a great guy, and he would've been a great asset to Dixie.

I know him slightly:cool: , and he was a great coach. In the short time that he and Derrick Brilz were at Dixie they had a huge impact. I wish he was still here. He is a first class person and coach! He left for his own reasons and I'm sure they have to do with Coach Sorrell but no one forced him out, he just chose to leave. If he wanted to come back Tom and Dave would welcome him with open arms I am sure. No lasting bad blood there. If it wasn't for one of our ex players that was his neighbor he never would have gotten involved in the first place. He is still very close to the program and donated just about ALL of the new weight room equipment to the school after his coaching tenure ended. His son is also an eighth grader this year and should be at Dixie in the fall. All reports I've been given say he is a chip of the old block.

Bonus points to the person who can tell what that players name was.

Hint* - He started out at as a freshman at Covington Catholic.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, there are embarrassing fans at every high school game. I've heard it and seen it for years. I think sometimes they do it for "shock" value. Most of those types have never put on a pair of pads.

I hate to say this, but you're right. I can only hope that this particular idiot reads BGP. Maybe then he will take a good hard look at himself. We had a kid about four or five years ago who was awesome, but his dad would show up to the games after happy hour each week if you know what I mean. Sounds like that guy and this one could be related. :D

That is really ashame! Two Class act programs' date=' playing a high school JV game to get some experience. And, an adult to act like that is really imparrising.[/quote']

Since I made one of the orginal posts criticizing some of the Dixie fans, I want to point something out, and it dovetails with the above quoted post. The Dixie players were trying their hearts out and played with a lot of class. I saw several Dixie players pat Highlands players on the back after a play and help up the Highlands players after a tackle. I don't know the name of Dixie's #53, but after the game he walked by my son as we were talking, and he patted my son on the shoulder pad and said "good game". Nice gesture and not easy to do after you've gotten beaten. He was a good player too. I don't know the name of the JV head coach, but I was also impressed by him and his ability to keep his composure as his "fans" were yelling at him. Good job coach. You're a bigger man that I am, because I would not have been able to take it. Dixie JV players, keep your heads us and keep playing hard. You have a lot of talent. Combine hard work and good talent, and you end up winning a lot of games.

Since I made one of the orginal posts criticizing some of the Dixie fans, I want to point something out, and it dovetails with the above quoted post. The Dixie players were trying their hearts out and played with a lot of class. I saw several Dixie players pat Highlands players on the back after a play and help up the Highlands players after a tackle. I don't know the name of Dixie's #53, but after the game he walked by my son as we were talking, and he patted my son on the shoulder pad and said "good game". Nice gesture and not easy to do after you've gotten beaten. He was a good player too. I don't know the name of the JV head coach, but I was also impressed by him and his ability to keep his composure as his "fans" were yelling at him. Good job coach. You're a bigger man that I am, because I would not have been able to take it. Dixie JV players, keep your heads us and keep playing hard. You have a lot of talent. Combine hard work and good talent, and you end up winning a lot of games.

Great Post

Any one Know who Dixie's JV coach is now?

Can't help but be impressed by the job Jake Turner has done as JV QB. It's not easy to jump back into the mindset of QB after being groomed out of the position and into LB/DB/WR. Jake is an exceptional athelete and natural leader. He knows QB isn't his future but his "anything to help the TEAM" attitude is very admirable and I hope he is rewarded with more varsity time. Another shining example of what makes HHS football special.

I know him slightly:cool: , and he was a great coach. In the short time that he and Derrick Brilz were at Dixie they had a huge impact. I wish he was still here. He is a first class person and coach! He left for his own reasons and I'm sure they have to do with Coach Sorrell but no one forced him out, he just chose to leave. If he wanted to come back Tom and Dave would welcome him with open arms I am sure. No lasting bad blood there. If it wasn't for one of our ex players that was his neighbor he never would have gotten involved in the first place. He is still very close to the program and donated just about ALL of the new weight room equipment to the school after his coaching tenure ended. His son is also an eighth grader this year and should be at Dixie in the fall. All reports I've been given say he is a chip of the old block.

Bonus points to the person who can tell what that players name was.

Hint* - He started out at as a freshman at Covington Catholic.

BB or AS. I'm thinking BB.