Highlands/Dixie JV game results

jbwill2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the parent of one of the injured players that was pressed into duty to run the clock today, I am totally flabbergasted at the disrespect shown to the kids in the press box. One of the Dixie parents went up to the press box and questioned the intelligence of the kids and called them everything but human.

Nice! 15-16 year old kids whose season was ended by injury berated by the parents of the opposing team as they tried to run the clock since there was not another operator available.

I regret that I was not there to be able to defend those kids, although it was probably a good thing, with my very short temper and all.....

Is Mark Pike involved with Dixies program? I saw him walking his daughter out at for homecoming Fri night and was just wondering.

I don't think Pike has been involved for a few years now.

I will pile on a little bit, a couple of the Dixie fans were an embarrassment.

I feel sorry for the boy of the dad doing all the screaming. You know all the players know that is his dad. Poor kid!

I think I've heard enough ! I'm not taking up for Dixie Fans , I know some that should Keep their mouths Shut ! But when I have my 7 yr old daughter sitting in front of the Press Box watching a football game , the window is open and 3 Highlands coaches are flying the Bombs ! Well enough said ! Maybe alot of people should take a good look in the mirror before casting the first stone ! This is highschool football , people need to grow up alittle , keep it fun and for the kids !!! I think its time to end this thread !:irked:

I think I've heard enough ! I'm not taking up for Dixie Fans , I know some that should Keep their mouths Shut ! But when I have my 7 yr old daughter sitting in front of the Press Box watching a football game , the window is open and 3 Highlands coaches are flying the Bombs ! Well enough said ! Maybe alot of people should take a good look in the mirror before casting the first stone ! This is highschool football , people need to grow up alittle , keep it fun and for the kids !!! I think its time to end this thread !:irked:

Sorry if that happened. I would be surprised that there were three Highlands coaches even in the press box. I saw four on the sideline, Dale occasionally and the rest would be in films with the team. If there were 3 Highlands coaches in the press box, I seriously doubt there would have been an issue with the clock, which by the way is far from the reason Dixie lost the game. The clock issue was one of our injured players doing his best at something he has probably never done before. The only other person in the press box is our film guy. He says nothing because we all know how videos pick up conversations.:D

I agree with keeping it fun for the kids. Calling out players is not keeping it fun. I will never accept calling out of individual players . That is classless.

I am sure we will all meet again in the playoffs at HHS. Perhaps we all can improve on our sportsmanship and simply support our teams and not ourselves. Yelling at players and coaches is a gutless act of ignorance!

This IS highschool ball after all.

Go Birds.

I really don't think all Dixie fans are horrible. Actually I think there is just one group of about 5 or 6 people that sit together and are extremely obnoxious. I have been to Highlands games where I was embarassed by our own fans. I know it happens and there is little you can do about it. Actually the guy was an equal opportunity basher. He was criticizing the Dixie coaches just as much as anybody else he was picking on. Heck, I wished he would have just walked right over and told Tom to his face, who happened to be sitting a few rows behind him, instead of torturing all the fans with his commentary.

Sorry if that happened. I would be surprised that there were three Highlands coaches even in the press box. I saw four on the sideline, Dale occasionally and the rest would be in films with the team. If there were 3 Highlands coaches in the press box, I seriously doubt there would have been an issue with the clock, which by the way is far from the reason Dixie lost the game. The clock issue was one of our injured players doing his best at something he has probably never done before. The only other person in the press box is our film guy. He says nothing because we all know how videos pick up conversations.:D

I agree with keeping it fun for the kids. Calling out players is not keeping it fun. I will never accept calling out of individual players . That is classless.

This didn't happen Sat., it was Fri night . And thanks !:thumb: Yes their are fans on both teams that should think twice before opening their mouths up ! But we all know that doesn't happen . HHS has a great football program ! Dixie still has work to do , we all know ! The calling out of individual players is very wrong ! And yes is classless ! And I'm sorry that happened to your young man running the clock also ! This is Highschool Football people , we don't have a 1 - 800 - Jerk Line !!!!! (or should we ever ! ) Birds , good luck until the next time !:thumb:

Wow, sounds like I missed some entertainment. Congrats to the Birds JV and to Jake Turner for stepping in and flexing some muscle at the QB spot. Jake is a great team player and glad to hear he did well.

LN, I agree with you on Newman as I watched him play like an animal last year as a Sophomore. I was wondering why he wasnt getting any varsity minutes, now I know. Glad he is back and I am sure he will spell some Varsity LB'ers over the next several weeks.

As for the Dixie fans showing disrespect, i wont pile on but will say that in the end you have to go home and face your child and I will end it with that.

BlueChip got it, the white hat was Joe Frank who was the Official of the year in KY two years and his crew is considered the #1 crew in NKY. Great guy too (I have to throw that in because Joe reads the forum from time to time).

That's why he is known as "Joe the Pro" or "Number 1." :D

Is Mark Pike involved with Dixies program? I saw him walking his daughter out at for homecoming Fri night and was just wondering.

He was basically ran out of Dixie by Sorrell. They didn't see eye-to-eye as Pike didn't agree with how Sorrell handled the boys. It's unfortunate as it's almost always a bonus to have a former NFL player on your staff. I've never personally met Pike, but from everything I've heard, he's a great guy, and he would've been a great asset to Dixie.

It wasn't Matt, he was probably in the OVC. It was Mr. Frank and yes, he was either the Official of the Year in Kentucky either last year or the year before.

If I am not mistaken, Northern Ky is very fortunate to have at least 3 or 4 current football officials who have previously been awarded the KHSAA Football Official of the Year. The ones that I know of are:

Chuck Smith

Joe Frank

Matt Young

That's pretty impressive! :thumb:

Folks, there are embarrassing fans at every high school game. I've heard it and seen it for years. I think sometimes they do it for "shock" value. Most of those types have never put on a pair of pads.