Bracken County 20 Manchester,OH 6

mhighfield

Manchester just started a football program and is playing a mostly JV schedule. Does this victory even count for Bracken County? I don't think it should, except for exhibition purposes. Unfortunatly really don't see them coming within 20 points of anyone the rest of the season. They are finally in the right district that they should be in, they just need their basketball and baseball players to go out for football and then they will at least be competitive. If this doesn't happen, look for 2 more years without a victory.

Manchester just started a football program and is playing a mostly JV schedule. Does this victory even count for Bracken County? I don't think it should, except for exhibition purposes. Unfortunatly really don't see them coming within 20 points of anyone the rest of the season. They are finally in the right district that they should be in, they just need their basketball and baseball players to go out for football and then they will at least be competitive. If this doesn't happen, look for 2 more years without a victory.

Nice of you to rain on the Polar Bears parade All In?? After the tough couple of years they've had trying to rebuild the program; how about just "Congrats on the win to Bracken"??

Nice of you to rain on the Polar Bears parade All In?? After the tough couple of years they've had trying to rebuild the program; how about just "Congrats on the win to Bracken"??

OK, congratulations on beating a first year program that plays JV. Would have loved to have beaten Berea last week or Eminence coming up, now those would be victories.

Why so negative? Give the players credit that keep putting themselves out there each day for practice and continue to play the games, despite the losses.

This is a win and congratulations for it, Polar Bears!

I was at the game when Bracken won for the first time in 2 years. The people at Bracken are unbelievable. The stands were full the boosters are very helpful and very nice people. I met Coach Breeze, 7/8 head coach, while I was there and was very surprised to hear what Bracken is doing football wise. They have a 5th and 6th grade team with over 30 players playing in the Mason Co league, the 7/8 grade team is playing a full independent schedule and are winning, there is flag football from kindergarten up to 4th grade. It looks like Coach Faust has got things rolling down here. He has people in the right places and people are really supporting the program. Coach Breeze told me he has 32 7/8 graders on his team alone. These guys use to play in the norther KY youth football league 2 years ago with 22 5th -8th graders on the entire team. Now that they have pulled out and went indepentent as of last year they have over 60 kids on two teams playing at the middle school level. I have to admit they may have been loosing at the varsity level but it look like the feeder program is in place.

I was at the game when Bracken won for the first time in 2 years. The people at Bracken are unbelievable. The stands were full the boosters are very helpful and very nice people. I met Coach Breeze, 7/8 head coach, while I was there and was very surprised to hear what Bracken is doing football wise. They have a 5th and 6th grade team with over 30 players playing in the Mason Co league, the 7/8 grade team is playing a full independent schedule and are winning, there is flag football from kindergarten up to 4th grade. It looks like Coach Faust has got things rolling down here. He has people in the right places and people are really supporting the program. Coach Breeze told me he has 32 7/8 graders on his team alone. These guys use to play in the norther KY youth football league 2 years ago with 22 5th -8th graders on the entire team. Now that they have pulled out and went indepentent as of last year they have over 60 kids on two teams playing at the middle school level. I have to admit they may have been loosing at the varsity level but it look like the feeder program is in place.

These sound like pretty good numbers for a small county (something like 8 or 9 thousand residents). I hope the feeder system continues to develop.:thumb:

Sounds like the coach has things running the way it should be.

Welcome to the site by the way.....please visit the New Members Forum :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: