Dupont Manual vs. Christian County

Who wins  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Manual
    • Christian Co

Both Manual (preseason #5 in 6A) and Christian Co (Preseason #9 in 5A) are coming off important wins (Manual beat #1 3A Central, and Christian Co beat #2 3A Paducah Tighlman) for a big interclass interstate matchup at Manual Stadium for the Old Rivalry Bowl.

Neither of these teams has faced each other in recent history.

Manual brings a steady wishbone attack with an improved passing game, that keeps most defenses on their way backwards. They won't neccesarily run over anyone but they find the holes and get the yards. Defensively they are smuthering, not the best tacklers but good about getting in position and following the ball. In spite of Central's speed, the Yellow Jackets rarely got away from Manual's defense and got caught in the backfield a few times.

Knowing very little about Christian Co, what does Manual need to watch out for?

Christian has some pretty good athletes...There defense is pretty solid... In reality, P.Tilghman outplayed them this past week and should have won, imo...Had more rushing and passing yards, less turnovers, etc, but, just didnt win on the scoreboard.. I don't think they have near the offense of last years team with Tandy at the helm...I would think Manual should be able to handle them...I'll guess Manual 34 CC 14

Manual by a TD or two ...

Christian has a solid QB in Bauer, who can throw and scramble. The Colonels lost the momentum and continuity in their offense when they went with the backup McDuffen, a more athletic player, during the Tilghman game.

Question for those that know Christian Co. Are they known as a good team because of the talent they possess or because of the way they play the game. I know that in every case a ranked team has both going for them, but what makes Christian Co better then an unranked 5A team? Do they win more than they lose because they have "pretty good athletes" as just 4 fun put it, or because they run an unreadable spread option attack or something like that.

To be clear I'm not questioning Chrisitan Co I just want to know more about them.

An interesting nugget I probably could have used in the notebook. Christian County only had worked on four running plays and two passing plays before their game with Tilghman because of the late start and limited practice time. I know of at least twice where Steve Lovelace called a timeout and it looked like he was diagramming pass plays in the dirt in the middle of the huddle. They both worked too. :lol: