Lexington Catholic at Scott Co.

Who will win this game?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this game?

I don't see anyone coming to Scott Co and betting them by you prediction of 35pts. I would be shocked. Remember everyone said SC didn't have chance against Boone. I'll be the first one making you crow for dinner after the game

This should be an outstanding ballgame with a close final score. Give the advantage to Lexington Catholic by 7, due to slightly better offensive firepower. The loss of Shane Isreal to injury will prevent the Knights from winning by a more comfortable margin. :cool:

I am at a loss that Lexington Catholic so dominated a team from Illinois with a bigtime Division I recruit (that means they can run) and a team that won the passing camp at Notre Dame this summer (that means they can throw). I can't figure out what happened for this team to get their clocks cleaned by Catholic.

Nonetheless, throwing the game out and assuming Shane Isreal will not play, I will take Scott County at home in a barn burner.

Note: I would guess these teams would score 100 between them, but with Isreal out and Catholic having a young quarterback going on the road for the first time, maybe it will be lower scoring, although Scott County has stopped anyone in the last few years.

Not sure you could say sputtered. He left in the 2nd quarter, they had 40ish points, they ended with 60+ and their starters didn't play/ score in the 4th. Both Scott Co and Lex Cath are quality teams and this game should be a gr8 one.
Welcome to BGP Family 4 Ever and be sure to visit the New Member forum....thumb[1].gif

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/forumd...aysprune=&f=34

Read the "Everything a Rookie" thread and it will answer, any questions.

I am at a loss that Lexington Catholic so dominated a team from Illinois with a bigtime Division I recruit (that means they can run) and a team that won the passing camp at Notre Dame this summer (that means they can throw). I can't figure out what happened for this team to get their clocks cleaned by Catholic.

The LexCath defense is much improved from last year especially along the line. They took away the inside game and the Althoff back wasn't quick enough to get outside. The LexCath pass defense really misses Ben Revere but covered it by rushing the Althoff Qb on every down.

I expect SC will put running pressure on the corners offensively and pick up the pass rush better then Althoff did.

This should be an outstanding ballgame with a close final score. Give the advantage to Lexington Catholic by 7, due to slightly better offensive firepower. The loss of Shane Isreal to injury will prevent the Knights from winning by a more comfortable margin. :cool:
I agree Ox. LCath by 11.