Montgomery County 35 George Rogers Clark 34

Birdsfan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in from the game. Heart breaker for my Cards.:cry:

Hats off to MC...they never gave up when it looked like the Cards were in control. Ryan Williams was taken to the hospital...breathing problems...he was on oxygen when he left. Prayers are with you Ryan. #21,

Also close to the end of the game a pregnant lady from GRC was ran over when a player was tackled and pushed out of bounds. There is a track that surrounds the field and she was on the track. She was take by ambulance to the hospital....I could not find out who she was. Prayers and angels for her also.

Believe my Cards will be fine....we lost alot to graduation last year, will take a few games to fine tune things.

Thanks to Birdsfan for all the updates.!!!

Thanks to Birdsfan for all the updates.!!!
And thanks to Goldie for giving them to me! :D

Nice talking to you Goldie....although, I nearly lost an ear when you got a little "excited" right there at the end of one of those calls. ;)

Just got in from the game also. Prayer are with the woman who was injured. I had heard that she was a players grandmother.

Congrats to M/C on the emotional win. Caleb Curtis was amazing tonight.

Defense held when it counted. Coach Gooch called some great plays too.

Cards will need to step back an adjust. Several issues they need to address before Harrison Co next week. #21 ran well before he went out with breathing problems (Prayers for him too). At least he knows how to run straight forward, instead of dancing sideways.

#20 Jarran Thomas was the star for the Cards this game. Many great highlights thought.

Officials were the worst I have seen in many years. No excuse for the way they were making calls (For either team).

And thanks to Goldie for giving them to me! :D

Nice talking to you Goldie....although, I nearly lost an ear when you got a little "excited" right there at the end of one of those calls. ;)

Sorry about that Birdie...I do get excited when my Cards are involved.:sssh:

Forgot to mention that GRC had a chance to win the game with seconds to go...field goal was blocked.

From most people in Clark County I talked to this week they just didnt think this could happen. I knew this would be a close game, the kids at Montgomery have worked hard and deserve this......Congrats to them.

Well you must not have talked to me and many others that knew this would be a battle. This was a game that both teams played their hearts out...hated to see either team lose in this one.

Well you must not have talked to me and many others that knew this would be a battle. This was a game that both teams played their hearts out...hated to see either team lose in this one.

No not on here, mostly co-workers that wouldnt give MCHS much credit if they were the best in the state;)

No not on here, mostly co-workers that wouldnt give MCHS much credit if they were the best in the state;)

To be honest I do not like playing against MC in any thing....they always bring their A game against us. I have great respect for their programs. Every time we play them I get scared...even if we are favored.

This game had some of the poorest officiating I have ever seen at a high school football game. I think the calls went something like 12 penalties against GRC to about 2 for MC. GRC was at the 5 yard line(or right around there) and had 2 penalties called that brought them back quite a few yards. Congrats to MC great win. Hope Williams is ok. I believe if he doesnt have to leave we win that game. Also like somebody above said, he was the only player who ran north/south(and did great at it to say the least). The others need to do more of that. Thomas also had an excellent game. It was just a tough loss.

#17 Conners, trust your instinct, not your speed. once you start running on sure instincts ,the big runs will come. #20 made a quick break on the ball and picked it clean, great play when GRC, needed.# 21 Willaims for the cards, this kid can fly. There were so many big plays in this game, from both teams it was fun to be there.

Great game. Awesome atmosphere. Caleb Curtis was not going to be denied in this one. He was teriffic on offense - running and passing. He had some HUGE hits on defense too.

#2 for MC - Frosh Seth Dotson made a big time catch to set up the last touchdown for MC. He was wide open on about the 5 yard line. Curtis threw a bomb from about the 45 and the ball got to Dotson at the same time 2 GRC Cards did. Serious concentration.

The few, the proud, the TRIBE!!!