9th region player breaks national record

Didn't know about romes II going to beechwood. They should be good then. I know he is a realgood ball player and should help them out a lot. Nice complement to Hall (who can be streaky) I dont know who the Villa kid is. I just saw him play over the summer in the summer league and he looked real good. He's a point guard. But, with all of these other transfers to Beechwood, they should be the team to beat.

I don't think the grove will be that bad....its true Steve Pelle's all they have to hang their hat on but they are tough kids and play hard. but it'll be tough for them after losing the older Pelle.

This is true... they play tough and know how to play the game, just they will be seriously lacking the talent they have had in years past... but I will bet they still will have some shooters... they always do...

Why would Romes transfer from CCH to Beechwood?

If a transfer did take place I would imagine it would be for playing time. You can be part of the rotation at CovCath or you can play a whole lot at Beechwood.

Worked for his brother and you can't go wrong academically at either place!

If a transfer did take place I would imagine it would be for playing time. You can be part of the rotation at CovCath or you can play a whole lot at Beechwood.

Worked for his brother and you can't go wrong academically at either place!

It works says who... yeah Micheal Romes became a top player in the area... but he missed out on a deep run into regionals, and did CCH go to state that year?

My money is on Villa first. They just got a nice transfer and not to mention they still have Hamilton and Love, who plays with hall in AAU. Next would be beechwood with Hall. Then Calvary who has all of thier players returning. Silver Grove, Ludlow, bellevue, heritage, and dayton will round out the division in that order.

Ludlow will have alot better team this year than they did last year. Last year they had to depend on alot of young guys and 1st year varsity players and not to mention a first year varsity basketball coach. Now they have most of them back and with experience. They will have a very nice core of players with Jarrett Rouse, Kyle Williamson, Grant Logan, Joe Gier, etc. and also will be getting another player back that use to play basketball who is very good in Buddy Ludsford. They wont be the biggest team but will be very fast and with people who can make plays. I definitely see Ludlow being back to competing again for the top spot in the conference this year...

• 2 weeks later...