Campbell County's New Coach--Part II ????

You get on here and authoritatively announce that there were "four good candidates" ... then you say you know nothing officially.

So which is it?[/QUOT

I stated that there were four good candidates as I know it but I feel that it is inappropriate to publicly disseminate that information. And authoritatively was not my tone, it was only my opinion that I was stating and isn't that what a forum is about? If you were applying for a job at another business/company and you did not get the job would you want some good old boy telling it all in a forum read by your coworkers and your boss? Its bad enough one of the interviewers decided to run to the local gym after the interviews and tell all but to announce it here would be tacky. Sorry....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if your unofficial knowledge leads you to state that there were "four good candidates" ... logic dictates that some of us would like to know their identity. And since you know nothing officially, you're not revealing anything official.

If someone applied for the job and interviewed it, that was their choice ... if they don't want anyone to know they're interested in another job, they shouldn't pursue it.

Well, if your unofficial knowledge leads you to state that there were "four good candidates" ... logic dictates that some of us would like to know their identity. And since you know nothing officially, you're not revealing anything official.

If someone applied for the job and interviewed it, that was their choice ... if they don't want anyone to know they're interested in another job, they shouldn't pursue it.

Why dont you lay off.. She was just stating what she new about the situation...

As a coach (in another state) I know that there are many times a coach will enquire or even pursue another job with the understanding and agreement between the involved parties that if they are not the one chosen for the job that their identity remain anonymous, therefore protecting them with their present administration. I have also seen coaches want their identity revealed to let their administration etc... know that they are looking and are not satisfied with their present situation for some or many reasons.

Should be an interesting game when the Wildcats suit up against rival Campbell with an old BB coach.

I must admit that this is a surprise with the rivalry between the two schools. I might have to drive north for their big game just to see who is sitting on each side.

Well I guess that I was correct on picking someone with 10th region experience. I have also heard that there were 4 good canidates and that the new principal was 110% behind her new coach. It is good to see this kind of support for a new hire.

Congrats to Coach Code, somebody said that he was seen dying the green shirts to purple last night!!

Well I guess that I was correct on picking someone with 10th region experience. I have also heard that there were 4 good canidates and that the new principal was 110% behind her new coach. It is good to see this kind of support for a new hire.

Congrats to Coach Code, somebody said that he was seen dying the green shirts to purple last night!!

No need for him to do that, he should keep the green ones as fond memories and get his Camel attire as he starts his legacy as a head coach. If must be rewarding to finally have his chance at being a head coach after all of these years as an assistant. He deserves and will get some new PURPLE and GOLD shirts! :lol:

No need for him to do that, he should keep the green ones as fond memories and get his Camel attire as he starts his legacy as a head coach. If must be rewarding to finally have his chance at being a head coach after all of these years as an assistant. He deserves and will get some new PURPLE and GOLD shirts! :lol:

I'm sure he will Ballerm, along with his ring!!!! He should get a chance to get off on the right foot too, as CC should be the favorite in the 37th based on their returning group; and the graduation losses of BB, Scott and SG!!

With this matter finally resolved, I thought it might be fun to revisit some of the predictions and interesting comments from this thread and its predecesor, leaving out the less than constructive comments. Here's a few of the posts and a couple of my observations highlighted in what else but purple:

"Biggs would be very interested and would likely take the job, in my opinion."

"How about Brad Carr???"

"Carr would be a great choice but either of the Codes might make more sense as coaching at Brossart makes them a little more knowledgeable about the goings on at the county high school." Good thinking!

"Absolutely no way Code leaves. Not gonna happen..."

"Maybe not Mike, but what about Scott?" Even better thinking!

"I heard Aric Russell might consider coming home to his alma mater."

"I would be shocked if the hire didn't come from Newport."

"I did hear that a former Brossart coach has applied and has had 2 conversations with the Super. He is pretty tight with several of the CC folks." A little off base?

"Come on everybody, we've talked about current Brossart Coaches and a former Brossart coach but we have left out a "Crosstown Legend Coach" and a family favorite. The one man who has stood the test of time through the entire rivalry with his intensity and in your face attitude, his name...Robert "Bobby" Rowe!!! He has coached under Willie and Mike so he has had the best of both worlds." Really Far Off!!

"Usually the small schools hire no name people and turned them into coaches that later go onto bigger schools." And we don't have to??

"Do you think that Willies first year coaching at Brossart Campbell County would have wanted him. He went to BBHS got a nice resume and now he is a qualified coach who would be great for CCHS or any school." A Little Arrogant??

"TAKE IT TO THE BANK--- MIKE CODE IS THE NEXT COACH AT CCHS"

"Hold on Mustang. I said a former Brossart coach with connections to CC and the super Anthony Strong. Did not mention a name. Although Willie would be an awesome choice......doesn't mean and isn't who I was talking about."

"Bob Seiter???"

"I've heard a possibility of interest from another ex-catholic school coach/AD a little further north on I-471...." Really Off!!

"now we need a bball coach that understands the road to the "Fieldhouse."

"My guess on this is its Seiter's job if he has ties to Strong."

"Football field fued leaves anyone from Brossart out." Even Further Off!!

"Listerman?" Off the Planet!!

"Some pretty good names in the hat for this job. Heard from a very reliable source: Schlarmann, Carr, Dawn, Russell, Seiter, Scott Code."

"Impressive list of applicants if they've all indeed applied!! As much as I hate to say this, because Brossart would be losing a heckova coach; I think Scott Code would be great for this job. His time may have come to be a head guy, he's been associated with nothing but winning programs, and knows his basketball!! He'd bring some defensive intensity to the Camels, and is a very hard worker!!" Bright Guy!! :D

"Since Schlarman did not apply, I think that Scott Code would be my choice if I were the Camels! He is young, energetic, knowledgeable, and also has a proven track record of winning at the schools where he has worked. Since he already teaches in the system, it should be a slam dunk....." :thumb: :thumb:

"If another current head coach takes this job, the ripple effect will undoubtably move into the school year before settling down?? I'm guessing this might move the search more in the direction of a candidate that's not currently a head coach or under contract elsewhere??" Insight??

Interesting to see that while speculation got a little crazy at times, generally the rational BGP community was pretty close to "right on" with their speculation on this situation. Apparently BGP has their finger on the pulse of NKY Sports!! :thumb: :thumb:

With this matter finally resolved, I thought it might be fun to revisit some of the predictions and interesting comments from this thread and its predecesor, leaving out the less than constructive comments. Here's a few of the posts and a couple of my observations highlighted in what else but purple:

"Biggs would be very interested and would likely take the job, in my opinion."

"How about Brad Carr???"

"Carr would be a great choice but either of the Codes might make more sense as coaching at Brossart makes them a little more knowledgeable about the goings on at the county high school." Good thinking!

"Absolutely no way Code leaves. Not gonna happen..."

"Maybe not Mike, but what about Scott?" Even better thinking!

"I heard Aric Russell might consider coming home to his alma mater."

"I would be shocked if the hire didn't come from Newport."

"I did hear that a former Brossart coach has applied and has had 2 conversations with the Super. He is pretty tight with several of the CC folks." A little off base?

"Come on everybody, we've talked about current Brossart Coaches and a former Brossart coach but we have left out a "Crosstown Legend Coach" and a family favorite. The one man who has stood the test of time through the entire rivalry with his intensity and in your face attitude, his name...Robert "Bobby" Rowe!!! He has coached under Willie and Mike so he has had the best of both worlds." Really Far Off!!

"Usually the small schools hire no name people and turned them into coaches that later go onto bigger schools." And we don't have to??

"Do you think that Willies first year coaching at Brossart Campbell County would have wanted him. He went to BBHS got a nice resume and now he is a qualified coach who would be great for CCHS or any school." A Little Arrogant??

"TAKE IT TO THE BANK--- MIKE CODE IS THE NEXT COACH AT CCHS"

"Hold on Mustang. I said a former Brossart coach with connections to CC and the super Anthony Strong. Did not mention a name. Although Willie would be an awesome choice......doesn't mean and isn't who I was talking about."

"Bob Seiter???"

"I've heard a possibility of interest from another ex-catholic school coach/AD a little further north on I-471...." Really Off!!

"now we need a bball coach that understands the road to the "Fieldhouse."

"My guess on this is its Seiter's job if he has ties to Strong."

"Football field fued leaves anyone from Brossart out." Even Further Off!!

"Listerman?" Off the Planet!!

"Some pretty good names in the hat for this job. Heard from a very reliable source: Schlarmann, Carr, Dawn, Russell, Seiter, Scott Code."

"Impressive list of applicants if they've all indeed applied!! As much as I hate to say this, because Brossart would be losing a heckova coach; I think Scott Code would be great for this job. His time may have come to be a head guy, he's been associated with nothing but winning programs, and knows his basketball!! He'd bring some defensive intensity to the Camels, and is a very hard worker!!" Bright Guy!! :D

"Since Schlarman did not apply, I think that Scott Code would be my choice if I were the Camels! He is young, energetic, knowledgeable, and also has a proven track record of winning at the schools where he has worked. Since he already teaches in the system, it should be a slam dunk....." :thumb: :thumb:

"If another current head coach takes this job, the ripple effect will undoubtably move into the school year before settling down?? I'm guessing this might move the search more in the direction of a candidate that's not currently a head coach or under contract elsewhere??" Insight??

Interesting to see that while speculation got a little crazy at times, generally the rational BGP community was pretty close to "right on" with their speculation on this situation. Apparently BGP has their finger on the pulse of NKY Sports!! :thumb: :thumb:

Very interesting post, and all information and speculation was nice to read during the process. I don't look for the rivalry to die down at all. If anything I think it will be stronger.

Very interesting post, and all information and speculation was nice to read during the process. I don't look for the rivalry to die down at all. If anything I think it will be stronger.

While I think Brad Carr would have been a great choice because of the head coaching experience and intensity Code makes the most sense for all parties involved. If he can get the CC players to buy into the defensive intensity that BBHS has shown over the years they will be a force to be reckoned with.

If he can get the CC players to buy into the defensive intensity that BBHS has shown over the years they will be a force to be reckoned with.
Rome wasn't built in a day and I think it would be foolhardy for the Camels fans to think that suddenly Campbell County will become a bastion of defensive intensity overnight.

Perhaps I'm being presumptious but I feel that the Brossart defensive mystique is a way of life, starting with the freshmen (or before). It is not something that is scrawled on a chalk board and implemented that same afternoon. It is also passed down class to class.

At present, Brossart is not overly effected by its football program, and the Mustangs that play soccer are usually back in the gym near the startup of basketball practice. Football factors much larger at Campbell County where the two (or three) sport athletes pretty much split their time equally between the two sports and may not be available for the early segments of the pre-season where the majority of the defensive schmatics are implemented.

Obviously, if you are going to play for a Code you are going to learn to become good defensively - and the Camels will in time.

Rome wasn't built in a day and I think it would be foolhardy for the Camels fans to think that suddenly Campbell County will become a bastion of defensive intensity overnight.

Perhaps I'm being presumptious but I feel that the Brossart defensive mystique is a way of life, starting with the freshmen (or before). It is not something that is scrawled on a chalk board and implemented that same afternoon. It is also passed down class to class.

At present, Brossart is not overly effected by its football program, and the Mustangs that play soccer are usually back in the gym near the startup of basketball practice. Football factors much larger at Campbell County where the two (or three) sport athletes pretty much split their time equally between the two sports and may not be available for the early segments of the pre-season where the majority of the defensive schmatics are implemented.

Obviously, if you are going to play for a Code you are going to learn to become good defensively - and the Camels will in time.

This will be a challenge for Coach Code since there are many of the returning players that play soccer and football. Maybe with some creative thinking and cooperation it can be worked out.