Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AA Death-Trap Strikes Again

Featured Replies

Around 2:15 PM this afternoon there was another horrible accident along the AA Highway. This one (at Poplar Ridge Road in Alexandria) involved a crane, a tractor trailer, and two passenger cars.

 

Several ambulances and three medical helicopters have been called to the scene, as well as the coroner. There are at least six injuries and they believe that several of them are children. One 8-yr-old was flown to Children's hospital. A teenage girl was taken by ambulance.

 

Debris is scattered for hundreds of yards, and the AA Highway will be completely shut down for hours.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Around 2:15 PM this afternoon there was another horrible accident along the AA Highway. This one (at Poplar Ridge Road in Alexandria) involved a crane, a tractor trailer, and two passenger cars.

 

Several ambulances and three medical helicopters have been called to the scene, as well as the coroner. There are at least six injuries and they believe that several of them are children. One 8-yr-old was flown to Children's hospital. A teenage girl was taken by ambulance.

 

Debris is scattered for hundreds of yards, and the AA Highway will be completely shut down for hours.

 

I saw all of this minutes after it happend they need to consider putting ramps onto the AA. Was driving by on my way to the bank. Im lucky I didnt leave earlier.

It has to be one of the deadliest roads in the state.

I love how people blame the road and not the people speeding on it. :rolleyes:

AA is a great highway as long as you don't want to get on or off.

Channel 9 is reporting at least 1 fatality.

  • Author
I love how people blame the road and not the people speeding on it. :rolleyes:

So you've completed your in-depth investigation of this accident and declared speeding to be the cause? :rolleyes: :irked:

 

No, the road is horrible and it needs to be addressed! Imagine I-75 with traffic crossing at right angles.

  • Author

Channel 12 reports that they saw no one dead at the scene.

 

Apparently a pick-up truck, carrying an adult and two children, pulled out of Poplar Ridge, and was struck by a semi carrying sheet metal coming down the hill on the AA. The truck then lost control and crossed into oncoming traffic. A crane tried to avoid the truck and flipped over. The first truck also flipped and its load of sheet metal continued on down the AA where it struck an oncoming car carrying three more people. All passengers in both cars were injured and transported to the hospital. The truck and crane drivers were not injured.

People do speed on the AA. I travel it often - not daily, but often, and set the cruise at 59MPH. I get passed by a lot of folks. And it may very well be that speeding is the cause of this particular accident - too early to tell.

 

However, the AA was designed poorly from the start. More specifically, access to the highway from side roads. Many times when approaching the AA, there's a rise, and you're at the AA before you know it. The problem is magnified in the dark and even more so in the fog.

 

The rumble strips in the center and on the shoulders were a good idea; probably helps for people being careless of dozing off. But the biggest problems with the AA are at the intersections.

So you've completed your in-depth investigation of this accident and declared speeding to be the cause? :rolleyes: :irked:

 

No, the road is horrible and it needs to be addressed! Imagine I-75 with traffic crossing at right angles.

I'll bet if you drive 5 mintes from your house to the AA highway with a gun, you won't find 1 in 50 cars doing the speed limit or under if they've been on it more than a mile. I don't drive slow, and every single time i'm on there I get passed by cars flying up and down it.
I'll bet if you drive 5 mintes from your house to the AA highway with a gun, you won't find 1 in 50 cars doing the speed limit or under if they've been on it more than a mile. I don't drive slow, and every single time i'm on there I get passed by cars flying up and down it.
I agree with Poster Boy, the accidents are caused more by people pulling into traffic from the side roads than from people speeding.
I agree with Poster Boy, the accidents are caused more by people pulling into traffic from the side roads than from people speeding.
I'll give you it's both. People pulling on from the side roads, but you'll never convince me that 90% (my guess) of the people that hit them when they pull on are speeding. And in most cases excessively.

 

I'm not even on the road that much but every single time I am there are people flying by me, and I regularly go 10 over. (Hope theguru doesn't read that)

I love how people blame the road and not the people speeding on it. :rolleyes:

Well this road is bad. 55 mph but you know how that goes.

 

IMO, it needs to be converted to an interstate. But that YEARS off in the future.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.