Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic getting lights?

Featured Replies

Heard from a resident of Park Hills that CCH has apprroached the city about putting lights up on the football/soccer/lacrosse/track/any other sport you can of sport field.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I'm all for it. High school football is a FRIDAY night sport.

  • Author

This issue has come up before and has had resistance from the city.Part of the original agreement with the city to build the field was that there would be no lights unless the nieghbors agreed to allow them.

I love Friday night football but with my current job about the only game I can see is a Saturday matchup. I love catching a HHS/CCH game on a crisp fall afternoon.

You guys know I am a Holmes guy, but I wouldn't do it. Quite simple this is part of the Cov. Cath. mistique.

I too enjoy the day games in the Fall @ Cov Cath. It's part of the tradition playing Cov Cath at home. Hopefully, they will only use the lights for soccer, track, lacrosse and field hockey! :D

  • Author

I am quite sure that the intent is to play varsity football on Friday nights. Also lights would maximize the use of the artificial surface by allowing soccer, lacrosse and anything else you can think of to use the field 7 nights a week. That might sound great, but consider if you were a nieghbor of the field. How would you feel?

I am quite sure that the intent is to play varsity football on Friday nights. Also lights would maximize the use of the artificial surface by allowing soccer, lacrosse and anything else you can think of to use the field 7 nights a week. That might sound great, but consider if you were a nieghbor of the field. How would you feel?

 

Same way the neighbors feels at Holmes, Ludlow, Scott, Conner, Dayton, and Bellevue.

  • Author

Most of the neighbors you speak of bought their house knowing that a sports complex was there. Most of the neighbors in Park Hills were there before a field was even built. Not saying I am against it, just looking at both sides.

Most of the neighbors you speak of bought their house knowing that a sports complex was there. Most of the neighbors in Park Hills were there before a field was even built. Not saying I am against it, just looking at both sides.

 

Most of the neighbors in Park Hills were there before a field was even built. At one time that statement would be true, however now I would think that most of the neighbors moved in after the complex was built. If a decsion would go to council, I wouldn't be too surprised to see lights on!

 

I think the issue now would be cost. I would like to guess lights for Cov Cath would run over $200,000.

  • Author

5 of the 7 properties on the Old State Rd side are still occupied by residents that were there before a field was built. You may be correct about the Saint James side. You have to understand that the original agreement stated that unless nieghboring properties agreed to lights, that there would be no lights. Also, money must not be an issue because the letter stated that if approved the lights would be in by Sept. 28.

I know i am all for it, i played in one of the last games at Cov-Cath when they use to play on Friday Nights. That's right, they use to start the game at 4:30 or 5:00. My senior year it was almost pitch dark at the end of the game. I say, put in the lights!!!!!!

The proposal for 2007 would only include 2 games: the Beechwood game, and another event of which I am not sure, but I believe is a soccer game.

This proposal was sent to the City of Park Hills at the beginning of May.

 

I don't see it happening this year.

Most of the neighbors in Park Hills were there before a field was even built. At one time that statement would be true, however now I would think that most of the neighbors moved in after the complex was built. If a decsion would go to council, I wouldn't be too surprised to see lights on!

 

I think the issue now would be cost. I would like to guess lights for Cov Cath would run over $200,000.

 

Gallatin County has the same problem. The cost for lights there was quoted at almost $200,000.00 also.

  • Author

I would say that CCH has the money and that according to the letter, if approved it will happen this year. I also find it hard to believe that they would spend the money to put lights in and only use them twice in 2007.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.