Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic getting lights?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Congrats to Cov Cath... I am sure this will pave the way for permanent lighting in Park Hills.

 

 

At the meeting with residents, Cov Cath officials said that the temp lights are just a way to do something different for senior night/weekend. Not sure if I buy that story. Will be interesting how it turns out.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that will be a great game to go and see, the atmosphere will be awesome. I would think that it would be sold out also and will be jammed pack to se the first night game at CCH, plus against there 2nd biggest rival.

I will only get to see one game on Friday nite and so the Saturday afternoon at CovCath or Thomas More is a fun time on Saturdays in the fall. I hope they never get lights. I to feel it is the way CovCath has always done it and should continue the Saturday football games. JD

I sure hope that KERA money will not be used to pay for any of those lights!!!

 

 

 

 

 

I'm just kidding.:lol:

 

 

Now thats funny!! :thumb:

You want to know what is sad? The Enquirer didn't post anything about the CovCath vs. Beechwood game change until Sunday in Ryan Ernst Blog. Clearly two day's after the Ky Post ran the story. We my follow NKy sports fans are in deep trouble once the Ky Post shuts down....

 

I just wonder if Ryan read the information on BGP's which reported it first on Thursday......or the Kentucky Post which reported it on Friday. Clearly the Enquirer was two day's behind the Post, and three behind BGP's. Sad indeed for the soon to be the only daily paper in the area.....

 

From Ryan Ernst Blog....

 

Sunday, July 22, 2007

 

Beechwood vs. CovCath ...

 

The CovCath-Beechwood football rivalry will experience a first this year when the teams play a night game at CovCath. The Park Hills Board of Adjustments on Friday granted CovCath's request for temporary lights at the school. So the Beechwood game, originally scheduled for a Saturday afternoon, will be played Friday, Sept. 28, at 7 p.m.

You want to know what is sad? The Enquirer didn't post anything about the CovCath vs. Beechwood game change until Sunday in Ryan Ernst Blog. Clearly two day's after the Ky Post ran the story. We my follow NKy sports fans are in deep trouble once the Ky Post shuts down....

 

I just wonder if Ryan read the information on BGP's which reported it first on Thursday......or the Kentucky Post which reported it on Friday. Clearly the Enquirer was two day's behind the Post, and three behind BGP's. Sad indeed for the soon to be the only daily paper in the area.....

 

From Ryan Ernst Blog....

 

Sunday, July 22, 2007

 

Beechwood vs. CovCath ...

 

The CovCath-Beechwood football rivalry will experience a first this year when the teams play a night game at CovCath. The Park Hills Board of Adjustments on Friday granted CovCath's request for temporary lights at the school. So the Beechwood game, originally scheduled for a Saturday afternoon, will be played Friday, Sept. 28, at 7 p.m.

 

 

"Sad" might a bit much, OG. Its not like CCH doesn't get any exposure by the NKY press.

 

Secondly, if we already knew it on here, why does it matter when a paper runs the story?

"Sad" might a bit much, OG. Its not like CCH doesn't get any exposure by the NKY press.

 

Secondly, if we already knew it on here, why does it matter when a paper runs the story?

 

Not upset for CovCath at all, as they do get plenty of coverage, but I was trying to compare the Ky Enquirer Sports reporting, compared to the Ky Post, and what it just might be like one day soon, when the Post is gone. What will get the Enquirer to improve it's coverage once they have no competition to deal with (after Dec 31st), when even today, they are day's behind in coverage with the Ky Post....

 

Would love to have everybody in the USA reading BGP's, but believe it or not, there are still some misguided folks who don't read/subscribe to BGP's out there..... I know, I know, it is hard to believe, but..........:D

 

Just wishing the Enquirer hires some of the Ky Post staff to improve their local high sports coverage...

Not upset for CovCath at all, as they do get plenty of coverage, but I was trying to compare the Ky Enquirer Sports reporting, compared to the Ky Post, and what it just might be like one day soon, when the Post is gone. What will get the Enquirer to improve it's coverage once they have no competition to deal with (after Dec 31st), when even today, they are day's behind in coverage with the Ky Post....

 

Would love to have everybody in the USA reading BGP's, but believe it or not, there are still some misguided folks who don't read/subscribe to BGP's out there..... I know, I know, it is hard to believe, but..........:D

 

Just wishing the Enquirer hires some of the Ky Post staff to improve their local high sports coverage...

 

Days behind? I don't think this qualifies as a big story. Unique - yes. Big - no.

 

The Enquirer does a fine job covering NKY and its only going to get better. I've seen Ernst so many times at CCH games, I feel like he's an assistant coach.

The quote for Gallatin was 102,000 not 200,000. I am sure it would be around the same for CC. I thought the proposal for CC/Beechwood game was to use portable lights?

The quote for Gallatin was 102,000 not 200,000. I am sure it would be around the same for CC. I thought the proposal for CC/Beechwood game was to use portable lights?

 

$102k for permanent lights?

 

Correct on CCH using temp lights. Art's Rental is providing them I believe.

You guys know I am a Holmes guy, but I wouldn't do it. Quite simple this is part of the Cov. Cath. mistique.

 

Just b/c they have lights doesn't mean they can't play on Saturdays. It would be to their advantage the week before the Highlands game to give themselves an extra day of rest rather than a short week.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.