Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic getting lights?

Featured Replies

I would say that CCH has the money and that according to the letter, if approved it will happen this year. I also find it hard to believe that they would spend the money to put lights in and only use them twice in 2007.

 

 

I think the two this year are temporary lights? The permanent plan is still in the long term works fwiu.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

After seeing the letter for myself, I think they may be talking about temporary lights. The letter does not explain this very clearly, but does only talk about 1 varsity football game and 1 varsity soccer game. These games would be at the end of September. Sorry about any bad information. Has anyone else heard anything else?

After seeing the letter for myself, I think they may be talking about temporary lights. The letter does not explain this very clearly, but does only talk about 1 varsity football game and 1 varsity soccer game. These games would be at the end of September. Sorry about any bad information. Has anyone else heard anything else?

 

Only that the long term plan is for lights on football and baseball fields...and that it's not going to happen real soon...I think there will be a new baseball / soccer / golf / track-field / lacrosse building going up soon. It will sit on the current 'C'; the lower level at fb field elevation, the upper at baseball. The word is the upper will allow for baseball cages; lockers; and seats behind home; the lower will allow for lockers, storage, offices, restrooms etc at fb field level. Hope it happens as planned!

  • Author

For the record, I would love to see them get lights. I did not like playing on Saturday afternoons. I just hope that if they want lights, that they honor the original agreement with the city.

I like the idea of more restrooms, the line at halftime of the HHS playoff took the entire 15 minutes.

I think lights would be great for the school to have, but I don't think it means that they should schedule all of their home games for Friday because of it. I know alot of people, unafilliated with Cov. Cath that'll ocassionally go catch a good Saturday game at their place, myself included.

After seeing the letter for myself, I think they may be talking about temporary lights. The letter does not explain this very clearly, but does only talk about 1 varsity football game and 1 varsity soccer game. These games would be at the end of September. Sorry about any bad information. Has anyone else heard anything else?

 

I do know the one football game they are shooting for is Beechwood, September 29.

 

There will be a meeting with Park Hills and CCH on July 19 where a decision will be made.

I am quite sure that the intent is to play varsity football on Friday nights. Also lights would maximize the use of the artificial surface by allowing soccer, lacrosse and anything else you can think of to use the field 7 nights a week. That might sound great, but consider if you were a nieghbor of the field. How would you feel?

 

I would get some sturdy window blinds. Pretty neat invention they are.

I would get some sturdy window blinds. Pretty neat invention they are.

Or you could go to the game and if you hate CCH root against them and if you like them then cheer them on or just watch a great highschool football game. I mean come on games are only once a week.

Tempt lights have been approved for the cch vs beechwood game, which will be senior night.

I sure hope that KERA money will not be used to pay for any of those lights!!!

 

 

 

 

 

I'm just kidding.:lol:

Tempt lights have been approved for the cch vs beechwood game, which will be senior night.

what is the date of that game. It might kind of cool to go to that game being at night in Park Hills!!!!

Tempt lights have been approved for the cch vs beechwood game, which will be senior night.

 

This has to be earliest SR Night in CCH history.

Congrats to Cov Cath... I am sure this will pave the way for permanent lighting in Park Hills. I will have to admit... you can not beat the Saturday afternoon games in the Fall when the leaves are changing over at Nortre Dame. What a great highschool football settting...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.