Covington Catholic getting lights?

I would say that CCH has the money and that according to the letter, if approved it will happen this year. I also find it hard to believe that they would spend the money to put lights in and only use them twice in 2007.

I think the two this year are temporary lights? The permanent plan is still in the long term works fwiu.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the letter for myself, I think they may be talking about temporary lights. The letter does not explain this very clearly, but does only talk about 1 varsity football game and 1 varsity soccer game. These games would be at the end of September. Sorry about any bad information. Has anyone else heard anything else?

After seeing the letter for myself, I think they may be talking about temporary lights. The letter does not explain this very clearly, but does only talk about 1 varsity football game and 1 varsity soccer game. These games would be at the end of September. Sorry about any bad information. Has anyone else heard anything else?

Only that the long term plan is for lights on football and baseball fields...and that it's not going to happen real soon...I think there will be a new baseball / soccer / golf / track-field / lacrosse building going up soon. It will sit on the current 'C'; the lower level at fb field elevation, the upper at baseball. The word is the upper will allow for baseball cages; lockers; and seats behind home; the lower will allow for lockers, storage, offices, restrooms etc at fb field level. Hope it happens as planned!

I think lights would be great for the school to have, but I don't think it means that they should schedule all of their home games for Friday because of it. I know alot of people, unafilliated with Cov. Cath that'll ocassionally go catch a good Saturday game at their place, myself included.

I do know the one football game they are shooting for is Beechwood, September 29.

There will be a meeting with Park Hills and CCH on July 19 where a decision will be made.

I am quite sure that the intent is to play varsity football on Friday nights. Also lights would maximize the use of the artificial surface by allowing soccer, lacrosse and anything else you can think of to use the field 7 nights a week. That might sound great, but consider if you were a nieghbor of the field. How would you feel?

I would get some sturdy window blinds. Pretty neat invention they are.

I would get some sturdy window blinds. Pretty neat invention they are.

Or you could go to the game and if you hate CCH root against them and if you like them then cheer them on or just watch a great highschool football game. I mean come on games are only once a week.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Cov Cath... I am sure this will pave the way for permanent lighting in Park Hills. I will have to admit... you can not beat the Saturday afternoon games in the Fall when the leaves are changing over at Nortre Dame. What a great highschool football settting...