Coach Jackson Looking To Move Out of Pikeville?

iPapi

But you did take a dig at them for taking Cobb over Jackson, and the only thing you've cited that makes Jackson a better candidate is his 4A experience.

Exactly. Now you see where I was coming from.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have a hard time convincing me of it, given your past posts.

Not trying to convince you. Somerset and Pikeville had a good little rivalry going, and the respect goes both ways.

For the record, I don't know who would be the better choice ... and I'm not pretending to.

Just saw this. I was just stating an opinion, that's all. Like InTheGame said, I hope Coach J stays in Pikeville.

No, I don't. Just because Jackson coached in 4A doesn't make him more qualified.

Only going to try to explain it to you a dozen or so more times...that was my opinion, you don't have to agree with it.

I think there is quite a bit of dissention amongst the ranks in the football program at Pikeville. There have been some player defections through the off-season and rumblings have been building about Coach Jackson leaving regardless of the Henderson Co. situation. Bottom line, at Pikeville you must win, and you must please the parents/boosters. Thus far Coach Jackson has had marginal success at best, not winning a district title yet, and from what I've heard he isn't doing a great deal pleasing the parents with the 4-5 hour practices and the extremely vigorous off-season training programs.

Just based on my limited experience I would have to say that a change in Pikeville seems inevitable at this point, which leaves the Panthers in an awful spot for the upcoming season.

Henderson County is one of the best jobs in the state and Jackson has some ties there. No one should blame him for being interested in it.

On this discussion I only needed to read this certain thread and you are exactly, 100% correct in that statement. To put that in a higher comparison, this would be like Spurrier leaving South Carolina for the other USC...nothing wrong with where he is, but things could be just a little bit better with where he would be going, and then again, maybe the grass isnt greener, but no one can blame any coach (in this sense, coach jackson) across the state for looking into the position at Hendo.

On this discussion I only needed to read this certain thread and you are exactly, 100% correct in that statement. To put that in a higher comparison, this would be like Spurrier leaving South Carolina for the other USC...nothing wrong with where he is, but things could be just a little bit better with where he would be going, and then again, maybe the grass isnt greener, but no one can blame any coach (in this sense, coach jackson) across the state for looking into the position at Hendo.

I don't think it hurts to look if its not too often as a head coach. Sometimes things may not be as great as you wish and want to see if it can be somewhere else where you may fit in.

I think there is quite a bit of dissention amongst the ranks in the football program at Pikeville. There have been some player defections through the off-season and rumblings have been building about Coach Jackson leaving regardless of the Henderson Co. situation. Bottom line, at Pikeville you must win, and you must please the parents/boosters. Thus far Coach Jackson has had marginal success at best, not winning a district title yet, and from what I've heard he isn't doing a great deal pleasing the parents with the 4-5 hour practices and the extremely vigorous off-season training programs.

Just based on my limited experience I would have to say that a change in Pikeville seems inevitable at this point, which leaves the Panthers in an awful spot for the upcoming season.

I don't think so. And I think complaints about not winning and working too hard are mutually exclusive.

...Bottom line, at Pikeville you must win, and you must please the parents/boosters. Thus far Coach Jackson has had marginal success at best, not winning a district title yet, and from what I've heard he isn't doing a great deal pleasing the parents with the 4-5 hour practices and the extremely vigorous off-season training programs

So, what you are saying here is that Pikeville wants to win, and win big, but not work hard. Correct?

Gee, who wouldn't want to coach there?

So, what you are saying here is that Pikeville wants to win, and win big, but not work hard. Correct?

Gee, who wouldn't want to coach there?

If the 4 to 5 hour practices are actually true and something that really happenst throughout the whole year, then I think that's a going just a little bit overboard to say the least. I know of teams that might go that long in the playoffs if needed b/c of the sun setting early (going down to the game field and staying down there a while), which is all good. My guess, though, is that the 4-5 hour practices arent a daily or even weekly thing in the first place.

and from what I've heard he isn't doing a great deal pleasing the parents with the 4-5 hour practices and the extremely vigorous off-season training programs.
This is the only way you get better. I remember playing under Hillard Howard and our practices going on for 4 or five hours and nobody seemed to have a problem with it. If these parents are ticked off cause theyre "little babies" are being worked too hard then maybe they should not let them play. We have had a few players quit this year who IMO were playing to see what the program could do for THEM instead of what THEY could do for the program. These players showed by thyre actions that they either dont have what it takes to play this game, or theyre too lazy and selfish to use the talents they have for the betterment of the TEAM. As far as the parents here go. The vast majority are good folks who care about the program and want to see it do good. But, as at any other school. Youve always got a few idiots out there who dont care if the team wins or not as long as "theyre boy" is the star.

This is the only way you get better. I remember playing under Hillard Howard and our practices going on for 4 or five hours and nobody seemed to have a problem with it. If these parents are ticked off cause theyre "little babies" are being worked too hard then maybe they should not let them play. We have had a few players quit this year who IMO were playing to see what the program could do for THEM instead of what THEY could do for the program. These players showed by thyre actions that they either dont have what it takes to play this game, or theyre too lazy and selfish to use the talents they have for the betterment of the TEAM. As far as the parents here go. The vast majority are good folks who care about the program and want to see it do good. But, as at any other school. Youve always got a few idiots out there who dont care if the team wins or not as long as "theyre boy" is the star.

There is no way to have a good 4 hour practice. Kids can't focus that long. It is counter productive!