Coach Jackson Looking To Move Out of Pikeville?

iPapi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak for anyone else, but my interest is not malicious.

I know that, seriously. I'm a Belfry fan, as almost all the Pikeville fans are...I just think the love isn't always returned. :cool:

No hidden agenda here on my part. I've heard some complaining. I don't know if it is just the vocal minority or if it is more widespread than that.

Nor on mine. The question is as legit as any other question, and I was NOT trying to raise a stink.

I really just wanted to know what the folks at Pikeville thought about his application to another school so soon into his tenure.

But thanks for giving it its own thread, Toots. Now it really looks like I was just picking a fight.:D

Is theyre some folks jilted by Coach J wanting to leave. Sure theyre are. Just like there would be at any other school where the Coach is looking elsewhere. Ill admit I was disappointed when I first heard the news that he was looking to leave but I personally wouldnt read anything into it. From what Ive been told. Coach J pretty much applied for the job to appease his wife cause she is from the area. I cant blame them for wanting to get closer to home. I lived 7 years in Ohio and jumped at the chance to come back home when the oppurtunity came about. Coach J and his wife are fine folks and I think highly of both of them. I just hope all this blows over and we can get back to focusing on PHS football again.

One other thing - if Henderson did in fact choose Cobb over Jackson, they are not as savvy as I gave them credit for...
Interesting, because they've been in the same region the last two years and Somerset won it both times, including a 35-7 playoff win over Pikeville in 2005.

Interesting, because they've been in the same region the last two years and Somerset won it both times, including a 35-7 playoff win over Pikeville in 2005.

Pikeville beat Somerset the two years before that...What I was referring to was Jackson has proved he can win vs. the the big boys of the former 4A and Cobb is unproven in that regard...

Pikeville beat Somerset the two years before that...What I was referring to was Jackson has proved he can win vs. the the big boys of the former 4A and Cobb is unproven in that regard...
Did Jackson coach at Pikeville either of those years? You were comparing Jackson and Cobb, not Pikeville and Somerset. Cobb's record against Jackson is 1-0, and rather soundly at that.

Which "big boys of 4A" did Jackson beat at Oldham County? Besides, Cobb has never coached in 4A ...

Did Jackson coach at Pikeville either of those years? You were comparing Jackson and Cobb, not Pikeville and Somerset. Cobb's record against Jackson is 1-0, and rather soundly at that.

Which "big boys of 4A" did Jackson beat at Oldham County? Besides, Cobb has never coached in 4A ...

Cobb never coached in 4A is my point...Somerset vs. Pikeville in 2005 (Jackson's first year) isn't a good measuring stick...by that logic Chris McNamee had just thrashed Cobb the previous two years, so he would have been a much better candidate to coach Hendo...I'm just going to agree to disagree with you and let that be it...

Cobb never coached in 4A is my point
So a guy that never coached in 4A is automatically a questionable hire for Henderson County? Or do you just have a burr in your saddle about anything connected to Somerset's football program?

So a guy that never coached in 4A is automatically a questionable hire for Henderson County?

I never said it was a questionable hire. If Cobb indeed has the job, I'm fairly certain he will do quite well there.

I never said it was a questionable hire.
But you did take a dig at them for taking Cobb over Jackson, and the only thing you've cited that makes Jackson a better candidate is his 4A experience.

For the record, I don't know who would be the better choice ... and I'm not pretending to.