Coach Jackson Looking To Move Out of Pikeville?

iPapi

What happened to the Anderson County siging of Cobb, and even more importantly in Pike Co., how will the Pikeville alumni respond to Coach Jackson looking to move out so quickly.

Personally, I understand his ambitions, but Pikeville is a hard crowd to please. With them, it's almost like Coach J made a make or break decision in applying for the Hendo job. Will that be the case? I have no doubt that he has continued the progress in Pikeville, and he has a great group of skill players coming back.

But will there be any dissention within the Pikeville city limits?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the Anderson County siging of Cobb, and even more importantly in Pike Co., how will the Pikeville alumni respond to Jackson looking to move out so quickly.

Personally, I understand his ambitions, but Pikeville is a hard crowd to please. With them, it's almost like Coach J made a make or break decision in applying for the Hendo job. Will that be the case? I have no doubt that he has continued the progress in Pikeville, and he has a great group of skill players coming back.

But will there be any dissention within the Pikeville city limits?

What does this have to do with Jay Cobb going to Henderson Co??

Trying to stir up the stink in Pikeville???

I gave it a thread of its own.

It is a legit question, MTNFAN. I was surprised too when I heard Jackson was looking eslewhere so quickly and this was the first thing that crossed my mind.

I can't speak for iPapi, but for me it had nothing to do with rivalries, as it would have been the same questions I asked if he were coaching at my school too.

I gave it a thread of its own.

It is a legit question, MTNFAN. I was surprised too when I heard Jackson was looking eslewhere so quickly and this was the first thing that crossed my mind.

I can't speak for iPapi, but for me it had nothing to do with rivalries, as it would have been the same questions I asked if he were coaching at my school too.

It is a legitimate question now that it is in the correct context.

It was not when it was in a thread talking about Cobb going to Henderson Co.

I cannot speak to Jackson's thought process, but I do know he has ties to the Henderson area and without a strong tie to Pikeville was looking to a bigger school.

Maybe Coach J will chime in.

Didn't Jackson apply for the Newport job also? If so, I think that shows he wants out of Pikeville, not just that he couldn't resist the "great job" that is Henderson Co.

Coach Jackson stated on another thread that he did not apply for the Newport job...As I understand it his wife is from the Henderson area and with it also being one of the top jobs in the state, he (and she) would understandably be interested in moving there...

So as much as certain people would love for there to be a big stink in Pikeville, unfortunately for them it's just not the case. :rolleyes:

One other thing - if Henderson did in fact choose Cobb over Jackson, they are not as savvy as I gave them credit for...

I cannot speak to Jackson's thought process, but I do know he has ties to the Henderson area and without a strong tie to Pikeville was looking to a bigger school.

I wouldn't blame any coach for taking a look at Henderson. It is a premier job will all the potential in the world.

Even so, sometimes the fans can get a jilted lover feeling if they know their coach is looking around. And even if it is a reasonable move, fans are not always reasonably forgiving. Especially considering the high hopes the Panther faithful had when Coach J signed on.

Maybe the bigger question is, "Should schools make public the names of applicants for these open positions or should it be kept private?"

Maybe the bigger question is, "Should schools make public the names of applicants for these open positions or should it be kept private?"

I'm not sure that question is relevant in this case.

Coach J told his players personally that he had applied.

So as much as certain people would love for there to be a big stink in Pikeville, unfortunately for them it's just not the case. :rolleyes:

No hidden agenda here on my part. I've heard some complaining. I don't know if it is just the vocal minority or if it is more widespread than that.

I hear a lot of complaints about a lot of coaching staffs (including Belfry's), but I don't pay any attention to them...

I know how fans can be, brjb, trust me.

And that is the point of iPapi's question, isn't it? ;)

Knowing the climate and culture, I can bet you that a large portion of the fan base feel betrayed by this. Doesn't matter if you pay attention to it or not. It would be the same reaction on this side of Pike Co too. You disagree?

I know how fans can be, brjb, trust me.

And that is the point of iPapi's question, isn't it? ;)

Knowing the climate and culture, I can bet you that a large portion of the fan base feel betrayed by this. Doesn't matter if you pay attention to it or not. It would be the same reaction on this side of Pike Co too. You disagree?

I agree...but Pikeville fans wouldn't be near as interested in it as Belfry fans are in this scenario...;)