Lil' Bush

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen it, and I probably won't. But maybe someone a little older can tell me, what ever happened to respect in this country? Like him or not, Bush is the leader of our country, and he deserves some respect. Now I know that SNL has been doing this for years, but I think it is going over the top.

Yeah, well, you can blame a great deal of that on Richard Milhous Nixon for flushing the dignity of the office down the toilet with his scandalous behavior. For good or ill, that's when America found out the Prez had many of the same demons they do.

Yeah, I went ahead and watched in episode. It had it's humorous elements, but for the most part it was very forgettable. Nowhere near the calibur of... well, pretty much every other animated show out there.

Now that this show has finally aired and I took the time to watch it, I'll throw in just one thing:

Beyond the fact that the show is lowbrow, tasteless and disrespectful, there is one glaring problem: it isn't funny. I don't really care how over-the-top and harsh a show wants to be, if I think it's entertaining, I'm going to watch it. But this show is insulting to anyone that can think; there's wasn't an original idea from start to finish, the jokes were incomplete and the animation style is awful. No matter what the general audience's politics, not being funny should put an end to it pretty quickly.

:thumb: Very well said.

Yeah, well, you can blame a great deal of that on Richard Milhous Nixon for flushing the dignity of the office down the toilet with his scandalous behavior. For good or ill, that's when America found out the Prez had many of the same demons they do.
Too bad he couldn't have been as upstanding and faithful as JFK eh Jim? :lol:

Our problem is we have human beings in office...

I tried watching this show, and while it has its moments, they are few and far between. The show is mostly made up of the same Bush jokes that people have been saying for the past 6 years. It goes as far as to put Barbra and the expresident in very poor light, which I found to be in poor taste. The animation is so-so and I can't see any reason why I will last longer than a few more episodes (Of course I didn't think Drawn Together would last very long either).

Teapot Dome? Whitewater? Iran Contra? The Whiskey Ring? (Alledged) child with a slave? Andrew Johnson's Impeachment? (Multiple Prez's) Extra-marital affairs? I don't know how you can blame 'a great deal of that' on President Nixon. Not that I'm condoning Nixon's crimes, but he also did some good things, too: ended the Vietnam War, creation of the EPA, improved relations with China. Laying the public's lack of respect for the office of the President on solely on Nixon is incorrect IMO...

Teapot Dome? Whitewater? Iran Contra? The Whiskey Ring? (Alledged) child with a slave? Andrew Johnson's Impeachment? (Multiple Prez's) Extra-marital affairs? I don't know how you can blame 'a great deal of that' on President Nixon. Not that I'm condoning Nixon's crimes, but he also did some good things, too: ended the Vietnam War, creation of the EPA, improved relations with China. Laying the public's lack of respect for the office of the President on solely on Nixon is incorrect IMO...

Nixon was the first president whose scandals — and all other personal business, for that matter — were aired out in public, in real time on TV and in the papers. It is because of him that the presidency, and public office in general, faces the extreme level of media scrutiny we see today. Think FDR's being crippled would be a non-story today?