Kentucky Colonels

The Ky Kings beat the Gators....

The Ky Bearcats beat the Yankees....

The Kentucky Colonels beat the Ohio Yankee's in 5 innings by a score of 10-2. Craig Shanks (yes Shanks :D) pitched all 5 innings and threw 60 pitches, walked 1, hit 1 batter, struck out 3, gave up 6 hits, and the Yankees scored 2 runs, both earned.... Craig did a very good job especially considering that it was 93 degrees today....

The Colonels hitters today were:

Elliott 3-3, 1 run scored, and 2 sb's

Hoskins 0-0, 1 walk, and 1 rbi

Parrott 1-2, 1 walk, scored 2 runs, 1 sb, and 1 rbi

Maile 1-3, 1 run scored, 1 rbi, and reached base via error (5)

Adams 2-2, 1 run scored, 1 rbi, and 1 walk

Kuebbing 0-2, 1 sac, and 1 rbi

Nutini 2-2, triple, 1 HBP, 1 run scored

Isler 2-3, reached base via FC, and 1 run scored

Gilcrest 1-3, reached base via error (1), and 1 sb

N. Ryan 1-3, reached base via error (5), and 1 run scored

Holochor 2-3, 2 runs scored, 1 rbi

The juniors and sophomores of the Colonels Elliott, Adams, Nutini, Isler, and Holochor all had big days at the plate.

Hot day at St. Henry, but the drinks were cold and the BBQ is really good.

The Colonels play the Indiana Bull at 8pm tonight under the lights at St. Henry, and it should be a very good game. The Bull are the only team without a loss in the tourney so far..... Come on out and watch......

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulls beat the Kings at the 5pm game in 5 innings....

The 8pm game between the Colonles and Bull was an outstanding baseball game, on a beautiful night at St. Henry... The Colonels won by a score of 6-5 with Matt Nichols getting the win. Nichols went 6 innings throwing 78 pitches, while walking 1 and striking out 3. He gave up 10 hits and 5 runs but only 3 of the runs were earned in a very good outing. Nichols used his infield by coaxing the Bull to hit into two double plays, one in the second inning and the other in fifth both being the 1-6-3 variety. Brad Krohman came in to close out the Bulls in the seventh inning, but only after the Bulls got runners on first and second with only 1 out. Krohman threw 20 pitches, walked 1, struck out 2, and gave up a hit.....

The hitters for the Colonles tonight were:

Elliott 2-3, scored 2 runs, and 2 sb's

Kuebbing 0-1, two walks, and scored 1 run

Maile 1-3, double, reached base on a FC, scored 1 run, and 1 rbi

Adams 2-2, sac, scored 1 run, and 2 rbi's

Nutini 2-2, HBP, scored 1 run, and 1 rbi

Krohman 1-2, and HBP

Nichols 1-3

Really was an outstanding game with the winner undecided until the last out of the game.

Side notes: I was told that big number 43 of the Bulls, who will be a senior in 08, was one of the best basketball players in the State of Indiana. Big kid...

The St. Henry field when you consider how dry it has been is in outstanding shape. Good job coaches......

Games times on Sunday Fathers Day......

10:00am

Gators vs Sparks

12:30

Yankees vs Bulls

3:00

Colonels vs Kings

Bulls beat the Kings at the 5pm game in 5 innings....

The 8pm game between the Colonles and Bull was an outstanding baseball game, on a beautiful night at St. Henry... The Colonels won by a score of 6-5 with Matt Nichols getting the win. Nichols went 6 innings throwing 78 pitches, while walking 1 and striking out 3. He gave up 10 hits and 5 runs but only 3 of the runs were earned in a very good outing. Nichols used his infield by coaxing the Bull to hit into two double plays, one in the second inning and the other in fifth both being the 1-6-3 variety. Brad Krohman came in to close out the Bulls in the seventh inning, but only after the Bulls got runners on first and second with only 1 out. Krohman threw 20 pitches, walked 1, struck out 2, and gave up a hit.....

The hitters for the Colonles tonight were:

Elliott 2-3, scored 2 runs, and 2 sb's

Kuebbing 0-1, two walks, and scored 1 run

Maile 1-3, double, reached base on a FC, scored 1 run, and 1 rbi

Adams 2-2, sac, scored 1 run, and 2 rbi's

Nutini 2-2, HBP, scored 1 run, and 1 rbi

Krohman 1-2, and HBP

Nichols 1-3

Really was an outstanding game with the winner undecided until the last out of the game.

Side notes: I was told that big number 43 of the Bulls, who will be a senior in 08, was one of the best basketball players in the State of Indiana. Big kid...

The St. Henry field when you consider how dry it has been is in outstanding shape. Good job coaches......

Games times on Sunday Fathers Day......

10:00am

Gators vs Sparks

12:30

Yankees vs Bulls

3:00

Colonels vs Kings

Again...that was the 16 year old Kings...the 18's were at Midland today.

And the 18 yaer old Kings beat the Indiana Bulls on Friday, so the do have a loss. The 18U Kings lost their first game on the back half of a double header.

They are something like 20 - 1 now.

Will the 3:00 game be the 16 or 18 yr old Kings ?I would like to see Bobby in action !!

Not sure, the 18 years olds are playing the Ohio Valley Classic at Thomas More and Midland so the 16's are at St. Henry. I would imagine the 16's will finish at St. Henry.

The 18's play at Boone on Tuesday if your not playing, come on out.

The Kentucky Colonels beat the Kentucky Kings (16) by a score of 17-2 today at St. Henry. Brandon Nutini a sophomore pitched for the Colonels and held the Kings scoreless in his three innings of work. Nutini threw 42 pitches, walked no one, struck out 1 and gave up 4 hits. Junior Clint Hoskins pitched the final two innings and threw 33 pitches, walked 2, struck out 1, and gave up two runs, of which only 1 was earned.

Hitters for the Colonles today were:

Elliott 0-2, 1 walk, and scored 1 run

Kuebbing 0-0, 1 walk, 1 sac, 2 sb, and scored 1 run

J. Ryan 1-1, 1 walk, 1 sac, and 1 rbi

Maile 1-2, double, 1 walk, HBP, reached base on error (2), scored 3 runs, 1 sb, and 1 rbi

Adams 1-1, 1 walk, 2 rbi's and scored 2 runs

Darner 1-1, 1 walk, and 1 rbi

Shanks 2-2, 1 rbi, and scored 2 runs

Holocher 0-0, 1 walk, 1 sac, and 1 rbi

Isler 2-2, 3 rbi's, and scored 2 runs

Gilcrest 1-1, double, 1 sac, scored 1 run, and 1 rbi

Krohman 2-3, and scored 2 runs

Parrott 2-2, 1 sb, and scored 1 run

Reed 1-1, and scored 1 run

N. Ryan 0-1, 1 SF, 1 rbi, reached base via error (6), and scored 1 run

Colonel notes:

The Sophomores for the Colonels today, were a combined 4-5, with 6 rbi's, with 5 runs scored, and of course the Colonels sophomore pitcher gave up zero runs..... Very good day for these young men....

Nice crowd for an extremely hot day and Fathers day to boot.

The Kentucky Colonels are now 14-5-1

The next game for the Colonels is on Tuesday vs. The Cincinnati Flames at St. Henry. Game time 6:30pm......

The Kentucky Colonels played the Cincinnati Flames tonight at St. Henry and came away with a 7-3 victory. Nick Ryan went 6 strong innings for the Colonels tonight and other than giving up a three run homer in the 6th he cruised to the victory. N. Ryan threw 84 pitches, walked no one, gave up 9 hits, and three runs, all earned. Zach Isler threw the last inning and gave up a run on a walk, SB and a wild pitch. Isler threw 16 pitches, walked 1, and gave up 1 earned run. Good night of pitching by the Colonles, as they had the Flames confused almost all night long.

Colonles hitter tonight were:

Shanks 1-2, double, and scored 1 run

Holocher 1-1, and 1 rbi

Kuebbing 2-3, hbp, scored 1 run, and 1 sb

Maile 0-2, and sf

Krohman 1-2, 1 walk, and 1 rbi

Adams 0-0, 2 walks, scored 1 run

Darner 1-1, and a double

Nutini 0-2, 1 walk, scored 1 run

J. Ryan 2-2, 1 walk, scored 2 runs, 1 rbi and 1 sb

Parrott 1-2, and scored 1 run

Gilcrest 0-1, and 1 rbi

Colonels notes:

Small world indeed, seems I know Rick Parrott Uncle very, very, well. Didn't realize that until I was talking to his Mom, and low and behold when she told me her maiden name.....small, small world indeed.....

This was the first summer league game that I have witness that the team/coaches whined :cry: and whined :cry: at every pitch/call made by the men in blue. From what I was told as the game went on, this is nothing new for this coach or team. Really don't know about past years, but boy did they whine :cry: tonight....

Wednesday finds the Colonels playing the Ky. Blue Grass at St. Henry starting at 6:30pm. Should be another beautiful night to watch a great baseball game. Come on out, bring a small cooler with a pop or two, add a bag of nuts or sun flower seeds, and enjoy, as admission is free and the games are very enteraining.....

The Kentucky Colonels played the Cincinnati Flames tonight at St. Henry and came away with a 7-3 victory. Nick Ryan went 6 strong innings for the Colonels tonight and other than giving up a three run homer in the 6th he cruised to the victory. N. Ryan threw 84 pitches, walked no one, gave up 9 hits, and three runs, all earned. Zach Isler threw the last inning and gave up a run on a walk, SB and a wild pitch. Isler threw 16 pitches, walked 1, and gave up 1 earned run. Good night of pitching by the Colonles, as they had the Flames confused almost all night long.

Colonles hitter tonight were:

Shanks 1-2, double, and scored 1 run

Holocher 1-1, and 1 rbi

Kuebbing 2-3, hbp, scored 1 run, and 1 sb

Maile 0-2, and sf

Krohman 1-2, 1 walk, and 1 rbi

Adams 0-0, 2 walks, scored 1 run

Darner 1-1, and a double

Nutini 0-2, 1 walk, scored 1 run

J. Ryan 2-2, 1 walk, scored 2 runs, 1 rbi and 1 sb

Parrott 1-2, and scored 1 run

Gilcrest 0-1, and 1 rbi

Colonels notes:

Small world indeed, seems I know Rick Parrott Uncle very, very, well. Didn't realize that until I was talking to his Mom, and low and behold when she told me her maiden name.....small, small world indeed.....

This was the first summer league game that I have witness that the team/coaches whined :cry: and whined :cry: at every pitch/call made by the men in blue. From what I was told as the game went on, this is nothing new for this coach or team. Really don't know about past years, but boy did they whine :cry: tonight....

Wednesday finds the Colonels playing the Ky. Blue Grass at St. Henry starting at 6:30pm. Should be another beautiful night to watch a great baseball game. Come on out, bring a small cooler with a pop or two, add a bag of nuts or sun flower seeds, and enjoy, as admission is free and the games are very enteraining.....

Tim Stiddem used to coach the Flames. Did you catch his name old guy?

He has been known to work the umps pretty hard.

When the dead period is over, what will Isler do if there is a conflict with football and baseball?

I will ask ICE and or his Dad tommorrow...

My guess, and remember it is only my guess, baseball is his first love....

Tim Stiddem used to coach the Flames. Did you catch his name old guy?

He has been known to work the umps pretty hard.

DD, you hit that nail right on the head hard.....:thumb: :D

Knew nothing about the guy until tonight, but boy, oh boy, most of the other there sure did.

The very first batter for the Colonels in the very first inning got a double, and the Coach yelled at his pitcher to appeal to the man in blue that the batter didn't touch first as he rounded the base, and it went on like that, all night long.......

From what I understand he has been juggling summerball, basketball and football since school has been out.If you look at the CCH football website and the Kentucky Colonels website, you will see that football is in the mornings and baseball is at night. There are only a few conflicts and from what I have heard Walt Terrell is very understanding of kids playing multiple sports. I believe that Josh Bleser had the same situation last year.

The Ky Colonels: From the NKy.Com

Summer ball helps players improve

BY JAMES WEBER

ERLANGER - The stakes weren't as high as a district game against Covington Catholic, but Jim Ryan enjoyed the opportunity to make a play.

The 2007 Holy Cross graduate threw out the tying run at the plate in the sixth inning to preserve a 3-2 win by the Kentucky Colonels summer baseball team over the Kentucky Bearcats.

Ryan, of Florence, was playing left field in the June 14 game, the first of five the Colonels were to play in their 14th annual home tournament at St. Henry.

To read the whole story click on the link at the top...