What to do in your town?

RowdyRedRam

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

I've heard that some of the best veiws of the Ohio are between Cincinnati and Louisville. I haven't been there though, if you drive up 42 can you just pull off the road or are there areas for viewing?

In my county, the river runs right along US 42 from the bend all the way down into Carrollton, then 42 runs up into the river bluffs. The bend area I described has a pull-off area, and you can also go downtown in Warsaw to check it out at the park. Also the Markland Dam. Between Warsaw and Carrollton it's mostly built up with either industrial areas (steel plants) or residential. But Carrollton has a really nice riverfront park where the Ky River empties into the Ohio.

Or, if you let me know in advance, we can call my old man and have him get some beer and thaw out some ribs and we can check out the outstanding view from their place ... :D

Morehead sucks, plain and simple! :madman:

It's all in perspective. In a book written nearly fifty years ago during the War on Poverty, an interviewer asked a fellow in my area why he lived as he did. I loved his response, "Peers to me it's a question of whether a feller would rather have indoor plumbing or a whole mountain to pee on."

That's somewhere to eat, not something to do..lol

I might argue that with you, given my unhealthy attraction to BW3 locations. I've been to probably 15 different ones in various places across the country ... The neatest one was the two-story BW3 in downtown Austin on 6th Street.

It's all in perspective. In a book written nearly fifty years ago during the War on Poverty, an interviewer asked a fellow in my area why he lived as he did. I loved his response, "Peers to me it's a question of whether a feller would rather have indoor plumbing or a whole mountain to pee on."

:lol: :lol:

I might argue that with you, given my unhealthy attraction to BW3 locations. I've been to probably 15 different ones in various places across the country ... The neatest one was the two-story BW3 in downtown Austin on 6th Street.

HAHA...I shall rephrase then. I like going there to eat and watch sports but as far as recreation goes, I would like something more! :thumb:

You mean you don't like to go park your pick-up down on Main Street and hang out???

:D

HAHA...How about...NO! Those kids kill me, parked in the Rite Aid parking lot thinking they are cool. I just sit around and go kill crazy on Gears of War.

HAHA...How about...NO! Those kids kill me, parked in the Rite Aid parking lot thinking they are cool. I just sit around and go kill crazy on Gears of War.

The best ones are the ones that park across from Arby's and sit in the back of thier truck in lawn chairs:lol: :lol: :lol: