Sharpton speaks out, again...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al Sharpton is now attacking the recording labels and artists for the degrading lyrics, but not one person has applauded him for it. Do we only attack and demean? Do we never praise the good works of others just because we may not like them?

http://www.louisianaweekly.com/weekly/news/articlegate.pl?20070507i

IMO, he's merely trying to save face. Don't expect him to go all out on this, it's shallow from the the start.

I think Sean Hannity may be the one who needs applauding for this, he's the one that took him on and challenged him on this issue at their recent debate...
Actually, it was Don Imus who confronted him. Regardless, shouldn't we give our approval to the good works of others, even if they had to be prodded?

Actually, it was Don Imus who confronted him. Regardless, shouldn't we give our approval to the good works of others, even if they had to be prodded?

If it's only for political manipulation,, I'll say no thanks.

When I can't turn on my TV without seeing him and Jesse on every channel yelling their heads off about every singer, like they did IMUS, then I might start saying how much I appreciate his/their efforts.

Your right but it seemed that Hannity's push was a little stronger and carried more weight than Imus because of the situation Imus was in seemed to override anything he said during those couple of weeks...

Nevertheless what Sharpton is doing is a good thing and the right thing, however it doesn't change my opinion on him...

First of all, I commend him for taking a stand he should have taken a LONG time ago.

Second, even if it is for political reasons and/or because he was challenged by Hannity and Imus, if he causes ANY positive change, it is worth it.

:thumb:

Al Sharpton is now attacking the recording labels and artists for the degrading lyrics, but not one person has applauded him for it. Do we only attack and demean? Do we never praise the good works of others just because we may not like them?

http://www.louisianaweekly.com/weekly/news/articlegate.pl?20070507i

Go back to the other threads and read where I said that Al Sharpton had said that they had already been working with the hip hop rap artists and would continue to try and make them see that what they are doing was destructive.

When I can't turn on my TV without seeing him and Jesse on every channel yelling their heads off about every singer, like they did IMUS, then I might start saying how much I appreciate his/their efforts.

He might want to be on every tv station doing that but if they media won't give him the live mike to do it, it hurts his effort in doing it.

First of all, I commend him for taking a stand he should have taken a LONG time ago.

Second, even if it is for political reasons and/or because he was challenged by Hannity and Imus, if he causes ANY positive change, it is worth it.

Oh please, can't you see he's only playing to the cameras? He could care less, he never does, it's all about the all mighty dollar for him.

Guest Bluto

That's a PERFECT summation of how I feel - I agree with you 100%. :thumb:

(and considering your avatar, that's amazing...! :p:D )