Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sharpton speaks out, again...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 86
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Sean Hannity may be the one who needs applauding for this, he's the one that took him on and challenged him on this issue at their recent debate...

Al Sharpton is now attacking the recording labels and artists for the degrading lyrics, but not one person has applauded him for it. Do we only attack and demean? Do we never praise the good works of others just because we may not like them?

 

http://www.louisianaweekly.com/weekly/news/articlegate.pl?20070507i

IMO, he's merely trying to save face. Don't expect him to go all out on this, it's shallow from the the start.
  • Author
I think Sean Hannity may be the one who needs applauding for this, he's the one that took him on and challenged him on this issue at their recent debate...
Actually, it was Don Imus who confronted him. Regardless, shouldn't we give our approval to the good works of others, even if they had to be prodded?
Actually, it was Don Imus who confronted him. Regardless, shouldn't we give our approval to the good works of others, even if they had to be prodded?

 

If it's only for political manipulation,, I'll say no thanks.

Actually, it was Don Imus who confronted him. Regardless, shouldn't we give our approval to the good works of others, even if they had to be prodded?
There's no sincerity, so nope!

First of all, I commend him for taking a stand he should have taken a LONG time ago.

 

Second, even if it is for political reasons and/or because he was challenged by Hannity and Imus, if he causes ANY positive change, it is worth it.

When I can't turn on my TV without seeing him and Jesse on every channel yelling their heads off about every singer, like they did IMUS, then I might start saying how much I appreciate his/their efforts.

Actually, it was Don Imus who confronted him. Regardless, shouldn't we give our approval to the good works of others, even if they had to be prodded?

Your right but it seemed that Hannity's push was a little stronger and carried more weight than Imus because of the situation Imus was in seemed to override anything he said during those couple of weeks...

Nevertheless what Sharpton is doing is a good thing and the right thing, however it doesn't change my opinion on him...

First of all, I commend him for taking a stand he should have taken a LONG time ago.

 

Second, even if it is for political reasons and/or because he was challenged by Hannity and Imus, if he causes ANY positive change, it is worth it.

:thumb:

Al Sharpton is now attacking the recording labels and artists for the degrading lyrics, but not one person has applauded him for it. Do we only attack and demean? Do we never praise the good works of others just because we may not like them?

 

http://www.louisianaweekly.com/weekly/news/articlegate.pl?20070507i

Go back to the other threads and read where I said that Al Sharpton had said that they had already been working with the hip hop rap artists and would continue to try and make them see that what they are doing was destructive.

When I can't turn on my TV without seeing him and Jesse on every channel yelling their heads off about every singer, like they did IMUS, then I might start saying how much I appreciate his/their efforts.

He might want to be on every tv station doing that but if they media won't give him the live mike to do it, it hurts his effort in doing it.

First of all, I commend him for taking a stand he should have taken a LONG time ago.

 

Second, even if it is for political reasons and/or because he was challenged by Hannity and Imus, if he causes ANY positive change, it is worth it.

Oh please, can't you see he's only playing to the cameras? He could care less, he never does, it's all about the all mighty dollar for him.
When I can't turn on my TV without seeing him and Jesse on every channel yelling their heads off about every singer, like they did IMUS, then I might start saying how much I appreciate his/their efforts.

That's a PERFECT summation of how I feel - I agree with you 100%. :thumb:

 

(and considering your avatar, that's amazing...! :p:D )

He's being reactive rather than proactive. I refuse to praise him on this, I'll just say about time...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.