Chad Johnson legal troubles?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this kind of stuff. I try so hard just to be a fan of the Bengals but knowing they have countless "crooks" makes it very hard.

If the facts are as stated there almost has to be an on-going criminal investigation.

:thumb: Well said!

I don't think this is that big of a deal really. He was TRYING to do something good and it just went wrong apparently. Ru I wouldn't label him a "crook" for something like this.

I don't know the whole story but from what I can tell he is a fraud and in my way of thinking a "fraud" is a "crook".;)

Here we go, this is just like when someone is accused of rape, more victims tell their story:

On Thursday, the Bengals wide receiver was added as a defendant to the suit, with five more plaintiffs.

At least two of the additional plaintiffs made an additional claim that they won trips from Johnson they never received. One was for a single person to go to Europe while the second was for the Pro Bowl in Hawaii.

Link to the story.

This should be interesting to see how it pans out. It doesn't sound like any raffle tickets were sold. It just sounds like regular admission tickets were sold, therefore, no 'extra' money was taken for the drawing. Was there any advertisements for this, or mere word-of-mouth? Either way, the situation is not good for CJ.

I watched a Channel 5 news report yesterday that said the Attorney General's Office is looking into this and they are leaning on the Funny Bone and the Bengals. Also, they said the AG may ask Newport PD to open a criminal case.

It is time for Chad to roll out the money and make this go away before it takes him down.

I watched a Channel 5 news report yesterday that said the Attorney General's Office is looking into this and they are leaning on the Funny Bone and the Bengals. Also, they said the AG may ask Newport PD to open a criminal case.

It is time for Chad to roll out the money and make this go away before it takes him down.

:thumb: Chad could make this all disappear with one check...

I think this whole situation is a joke. I really cant stand Deters either

I don't think its a a joke. I think Chad is in trouble. They're going to see if Chad actually contacted any travel agents, etc in regards to trips he supposedly promised. If he didn't, he's in trouble. He needs to make this go away quickly.

Eric Deters is now involved with this case.

Shocking.

Eric has been involved all along from my understanding. I know Eric and I know a lot of people don't care for him and I know he takes some cases others won't get involved in but I wouldn't underestimate the man.

What I am dying to hear is the Bengals side of this story. According to Channel 5 the Bengals are privately saying there is a whole other side to this story but they can't tell us yet. Give me a break.

I know what the other side is, the Bengals have far more than their share of thugs and this is a major embarrassment to the Bengals no matter the outcome.

Also, I wonder if the NFL will get involved. Since they want to get tough on crime they should be doing their own investigation and punish as they see fit. The NFL should NOT let it drop if Chad grows half a brain and makes this problem go away.

Eric has been involved all along from my understanding. I know Eric and I know a lot of people don't care for him and I know he takes some cases others won't get involved in but I wouldn't underestimate the man.

What I am dying to hear is the Bengals side of this story. According to Channel 5 the Bengals are privately saying there is a whole other side to this story but they can't tell us yet. Give me a break.

I know what the other side is, the Bengals have far more than their share of thugs and this is a major embarrassment to the Bengals no matter the outcome.

Also, I wonder if the NFL will get involved. Since they want to get tough on crime they should be doing their own investigation and punish as they see fit. The NFL should NOT let it drop if Chad grows half a brain and makes this problem go away.

I think the NFL is coming down on the repeat offenders. Chad's not been in trouble at all since he came into the league.

I think the NFL is coming down on the repeat offenders. Chad's not been in trouble at all since he came into the league.

That would be good for Chad. However, if the NFL wants to be thorough, complete, and really make a difference they still need to investigate first time offenses and archive the investigation as a part of each player's NFL criminal history. This way the NFL could make informed decisions on repeat offenders and no one can debate the merits of making informed decisions.