Chad Johnson legal troubles?

Eric has been involved all along from my understanding. I know Eric and I know a lot of people don't care for him and I know he takes some cases others won't get involved in but I wouldn't underestimate the man.

Eric may be a fine gentleman. I have no reason to doubt it. My dig, if you will, was at his ubiquitous nature when it comes to cases in the news. Sort of like Ken Lawson on the other side of the river.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to assume that Deters and his clients have something to prove that the Lexus giveaway was advertised. If not, its nothing more than a shakedown.

Remember, this is a 51% issue.

I guess it comes down to whether a jury of peers believe all the plaintiffs or Chad, the Funny Bone, and their lawyers.

All things being equal to me, the fact that Chad had ESPN turn off the cameras and now ESPN refuses to give Deters a copy of the tape (that they probably didn't turn off) speaks volumes to me.

I think there will be a settlement, no one will be allowed to talk about the details, and everyone will claim victory!

Remember, this is a 51% issue.

I guess it comes down to whether a jury of peers believe all the plaintiffs or Chad, the Funny Bone, and their lawyers.

All things being equal to me, the fact that Chad had ESPN turn off the cameras and now ESPN refuses to give Deters a copy of the tape (that they probably didn't turn off) speaks volumes to me.

I think there will be a settlement, no one will be allowed to talk about the details, and everyone will claim victory!

I hate that, especially when Deters is involved. :madman:

As a life long Bengal fan they sure are making it tough to stand by them! I stuck it out during the losses but being in trouble with the law time and time again is really getting old!

I agree but in Chad's defense the Judge threw out the criminal part of this trial so it is a civil matter and nothing more.

With that said, I think Chad's ego is involved now so instead of doing the right thing everyone has to jump through a lot of hoops until Chad can claim a perceived victory.