Chad Johnson legal troubles?

Did anyone see the article about Johnson and the Funny Bone mis-representing the giving away of a Lexus? According to the suit, Johnson and the Funny Bone said they were going to give away a Lexus at a comedy show (with people buying tickets for the chance to win) but instead Johnson decided to give the Lexus to a friend of his.

Does anyone have more details?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.yahoo.com/s/wlwt/20070425/lo_wlwt/13118932

The club's Web site advertised that Cincinnati Bengals star Chad Johnson would give away a brand new Lexus to one lucky winner who bought a raffle ticket. The club sold 300 tickets -- 20 to Thom Monahan, who has filed the lawsuit.

But on the night of the raffle drawing, Johnson took to the stage and made an announcement.

"There were some cameras from ESPN there, and he asked them to turn off the camera and make sure they were completely off," said Monahan.

Once the camera was off, Johnson said there would be no raffle and no random chance for anyone in the audience to win the car.

I hate this kind of stuff. I try so hard just to be a fan of the Bengals but knowing they have countless "crooks" makes it very hard.

If the facts are as stated there almost has to be an on-going criminal investigation.

Seriously, does this ever stop?

:thumb: I know hat you mean, I guess that since he is a Bengal he feels left out w/o his name in the news for some kind of legal trouble. I try to remain a Bengal fan but it is getting harder and harder to do :irked: . I am just about through with them :mad: .

:thumb: I know hat you mean, I guess that since he is a Bengal he feels left out w/o his name in the news for some kind of legal trouble. I try to remain a Bengal fan but it is getting harder and harder to do :irked: . I am just about through with them :mad: .

I just hate to hear that it involves Chad....He has his fun on the field but players and coaches alike understand that it's all in fun. He was the last person I expected (outside of Palmer) to have any legal issues...

If it was advertised as a raffle and raffle tickets were sold then I don't see how this isn't a very obvious case of fraud.

I agree, I don't see how it could not be fraud from the info given. TYhe comedy club will cetainly be held liable I would think and if C.J. had offered up the money/car then they would/could go after him. Another nice PR stunt for the Bengals, just what was needed :rolleyes: .

I just hate to hear that it involves Chad....He has his fun on the field but players and coaches alike understand that it's all in fun. He was the last person I expected (outside of Palmer) to have any legal issues...

I know that C.J. antics on the field were all in fun and opponets seemed like they were not offended but I have to be honest in saying that I am not suprised that he has gotten into trouble of some kind. Palmer is about the only one that I would be shocked if he was named in some kind of wrong doing.

What is wrong with all of these pro athletes :rolleyes: ? I guess they think they are Gods gift to the community or something and are above any laws or rules. I got some news for them, the fans and community does not owe them a dang thing! :fire: They owe the community and their employer/team plenty and a few are not living up to it (well, more than a few with the Bengals :rolleyes: )

All of this and stories like it makes me appreciate guys like Peyton Manning, K. Barber, Derek Jeter, Cal Ripken,jr., Tony Gwynn and the ones like them more and more.