Texas Longhorns?

Log Mountain Boy

For the life of me I do not understand why so many people had their brackets messed up with Texas losing! I have talked to so many people who have said that. We are talking about a team who has 5 really good players, and the best talent in college basketball, but thats it and they dont play defense worth a hoot. I have to say that absolutely puzzles me.

All I'm going to say is its hard to go against the best player in the tournament, seen it too many times before having an effect. D-Wade, Carmello, Cleaves. Not too mention his supporting class wasn't really that bad. Texas grew a lot at the end of the season, and after watching them play Kansas in the Big XII final, its hard to go against them. All I will say is hats off to you Log Mountain, your a lot tougher man (and apparently smarter) than I am to go against them.

Its easy to say this now since they lost.

I agree with you dolamite, I must no NOTHING about college basketball.

If you have the time to do some research I have been saying it about Texas all year long. Obviously its March Madness and anything can happen. I am far from a perfect bracket. But I really just dont understand the whole Texas thing. I truly believe you have to be a pretty good defensive team to go far in the tourney.

When you have the best player you are going to get hype. As I said quite a bit on here late in the season I didn't think they had what it takes to win it but I was sticking with my November pick. In a perfect world Tucker, Aldridge and/or Mike Williams who is now at UC were needed to ease the transition and they just weren't in place. Barnes would seem to be the Tubby "evil" twin. Tons of talent that leaves early leading to a constantly "rebuilding" program...