Ashland 69 Fairview 61 OT (64th)

If you are from Ashland then sure you will disagree with my statements. I am from neither school, just calling it like I saw it, even sat on Ashland's side heard some of their loyal saying , they just away with another one. Trust me, I am not complaining, really didnt care who won. It was a very good game by both teams.

I'm not from either school, though I like to see Wilcox, McDavid, and Thomas do well. They are great kids whom I have watch grow into men from an early age, as well as Alex Barker. So, I am just calling it as I saw it. I wasn't saying that they got every one of those calls right but I do think they got most of them right.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Kouns quite well. We officiate on the same football crew. I was talking about the Wagner reference.

Forget the Porter Wagner reference. How about "My Favorite Martian", this is an old black and white sitcom that ran in the late 50's - 60's, you either have to be old or just bored to remember this show.

Well you got it half right....He's from Ashland if he'll admit it but he has gone to the dark side:devil: UKCATSFAN is an alright guy;) He normally will call um as he sees them but lately he sees the Russell side of the maroon glasses he's looking through. Which is fine. I'm sure that its not as big of a deal as your making of it BB;)

Do I have to? OH OK, I'll admit it. JK!! :laugh: I guess the temptation of the darkside, or should I say :devil:side, was just too strong for this padewon Jedi. LOL!!! But blood IS thicker than water.:D :D ONETOYA caught me on a bad day the other day and I lashed out at him when I shouldn't have and I apologize. He is loyal to his school and to the kids and that's admirable qualities. Although we may not always agree on things, he's very knowledgable and he stands on two feet. You better come prepared if you step to him. I admire that. He's a passionate person who cares for his school and does his best to make sure that all his school kids are a success in life.

Hall and Collins have flown under the radar all year with Euton and Jackson getting so much attention, but don't get me wrong, those young Royals deserve all the press they get. But this lack of attention could be good for Hall and Collins. A lot less pressure this way for both of them and in a year or two you may see Fairview really shine as they have several good young players or got to see playing time this year.

I meant to post earlier but have been kind of busy. Great comeback by Ashland lead by a huge 2nd half by McDavid and clutch plays by Thomas.

I have to apologize to Alex Barker. I didn't think it was possible but I actually underestimiated what he meant to his team. I think he is without question the best ballhandler in the region but what makes him different is his presence of mind. Last night in the last 30 seconds of regulation he made one of the smartest basketball plays you will ever see. When Thomas stole the imbounds pass and had a sure layup to tie the score Barker gave up a foul that Fairview had to give. It stopped the breakout and made Ashland take the ball out of bounds. I would say there are very few kids who would have recognized the situation.

Um no:sssh: But you could ask Elliott County about those Fairview Eagles too???

Just glad to play another day.

I think Fairview has been underrated all year. Just like toya said, they played Elliott to a double overtime game and looked what they did tonight. :thumb: They have very good young players who shoot the ball and drive well and ohh yea, they go that kid named Baker who is pretty decent too.